{14} "Agreement"

I slow to a trot, head lifting as I take in the scents. They're heavy here, they definitely stayed here for a moment too long. They wanted me to catch their scent. Suspicion creeps through me as with more caution then before I proceed through the brush and past trees. Dark Sorcerers aren't the kind type, they think of themselves to be all powerful and untouchable. They're dangerous, and their power evil. Using death and destruction to fuel their other worldly power; typically not a creature you want to mess with as the limits to their power is unknown. It varies from individual to individual, what each one is willing to do to get the result they want.

Another half hour passes, the sun beginning to set when I finally reach a clearing. Two figures stand there facing away from me, seemingly waiting for someone. One was a male, presumably the Dark Sorcerer, tall and with salt and pepper hair. The hair alone spoke of his age. Dark Sorcerers had to be really old to have grey hairs, as their aging process could be slowed significantly if they chose to do so; most did, not caring for the sacrifice it required to complete the spell. And once the spell is cast, there is no going back.

The next figure was a girl, no older than sixteen. She was tall, nearly at the man's shoulder, but lanky. She held no physical strength in her body. Her hair was a pale blonde and reached her shoulders, loose natural waves throughout. Her counter part wore a black trench coat and black slacks with black dress shoes while she wore much more casual jeans, tennis shoes and a light pink tshirt. It was odd seeing them next to one another; one so dark and broody, the other light and young.

This however was shoved to the back of my mind as a third figure made its way through the line of trees in front of them. I could hear them but couldn't quite see them yet. Slowly I moved along the perimeter until I was facing the three's sides. The new comer was a short but sticky male, a ripped leather vest on and oil stained jeans over torn up leather boots. Reminded me of a biker, but the stark tattoo on his shoulder spoke of his true nature. A Hunter.

This honestly sounded like the start to a very bad joke. The Hunter, the Dark Sorcerer, and the Charmer all stood in the clearing staring silently at one another at first until finally one spoke.

"A she-wolf saw me." It was the charmer that broke the silence. Her chin raised high in defiance; it was eerily similar to the profile of the Dark one's nose. The Hunter's face tightened as it began to redden with anger. In response the girl clenched her fists and the Dark one shifted, subtly putting his body in front of the girl's

"So what you're telling me is the mission failed because you let a she-wolf bitch see you cast the charm?" His words were gritted out through a clenched jaw. The girl practically bristled.

"I didn't let anyone see me. She walked in on me in the middle of the charm. How was I supposed to know she had free reign to walk into an alpha's office." At that I had to tilt my head; Leah wouldn't have free reign to barge in. She knocks for everything, including when the door is wide open even to just alert her presence. So the girl wanted to get caught? Curiouser and curiouser.

"That doesn't change the fact you failed. And you know who is gonna pay that price." A sick grin stretched across his face as he looked on at the pair. Both of them seemed to pale at his words.

"Joseph, please." The Dark one pled taking a step forward. To hear a Dark Sorcerer beg was something I'd never even heard of let alone seen.

"No. Your daughter failed the mission, the pack knows the alpha isn't in his right mind due to an outside force. Therefore the pack will not weaken but rather strengthen as they work out some solution to the problem. So dear old mommy will get the punishment for your failure." The word mommy had me reeling, watching as the Hunter walked away. "Go cover your tracks or I will double the punishment." His words were spat over his shoulder.

The two had their heads bowed in submission but they still didn't move for a long while. I myself waited as well until the man was no longer in hearing distance or eye shot. Then I refocused on the two still in the clearing, silently they moved into a hug, the young girl's shoulders shaking. But the Dark one was looking in my direction, giving her a tight squeeze he moved her behind him and spoke.

"Do you plan to assassinate us?" His words were genuinely curious as to know what my next move was. I stayed still studying the surrounding looking for anything out of place in doing so he spoke up again. "Do you plan on just ignoring me then?" Rolling my wolf eyes at his impatience I walk forward silently through the tree line. I was pleased to see him be a little off in where he expected me to be, causing him to adjust his stance to face me fully. "Well?" He pushed.

I shifted swiftly, well aware of the fact I was in the nude but I had larger issues to worry about than that. "Assassination loses its point when the target knows they're being assassinated." Was all I chose to say as I circled the pair. He moved to keep himself between me and I can only assume his daughter. "When did Dark Sorcerers become the family type?" I wait for his answer after doing a full 360 around him.

"When they fall in love and grow bored of living the same life for a millennia." He answered slowly, studying me as I did him. "If you don't plan on assassinating us, what do you plan on doing?"

"A couple things. I need a cure for Rykers condition, and I'd also like to know why exactly you wanted to be caught  by me. By both of y'all."

The sorcerer purses his lips but a squeeze from his daughter makes him disclose the information. "The Hunters have my wife. I can't take them on on my own. And when I caught word of you being in the pack I knew you were our chance."

"What's in it for me?" I cleared my own throw eyes narrowing at the two, waiting on his answer

"I'll help you prepare for the attack on Seghar." I quirked a brow and stuck my hand out meeting his gaze confidently. "I'm glad we could come to this agreement. He grabbed my hand and we shook on it. "Now let's go heal an alpha.