{15} "Do it, kill them."

"Why does my father have such faith in you to get my mom out?" Her curiosity was mixed with suspicion, side eyeing me as we walked. I ended up taking the sorcerer's, Patrick's, trench coat to cover up. He walked a good ways back keeping an eye on his daughter and their surroundings to ensure no sneak attack would be made. I duck beneath a branch, turning my head to spare her an amused look.

"To be honest kid—" I was immediately cut off.

"My name isn't kid. It's Hailey." Her chin lifted and chest puffed out almost like how a male would try and make himself look bigger. I shook my head, hiding a grin.

"My apologies, Hailey. But as I was saying, I don't know why your father chose to try his luck with me. I don't know why he chose to risk me hunting you guys down and possibly killing you. But sorcerers are never an easy person to read." I saw how she parked at the mention of me killing them but chose to not ease her worries.

"I chose to because I know the warrior within her wolf is the Moon's Assassin. And his duty is not only to wolves, but of all supernatural kind." His words were loud so that they carried over to the two of us. "Therefore your duty is to all shadow species just as his was." His words were a slap in the face, I froze before spinning on my heel to face him in a mix of shock and horror.

"You know the legend of Leto?" I couldn't fathom that he could know, as Grace ensured her library was the only one to hold the legend.

"Aye. I know why he was created, and I know who his original target was. That target was the only one he failed to kill." Patrick's dark gaze flickered across my face before settling on my forehead where he was still looking but not directly challenging me. "I could tell you a lot about Leto if you'd like."

"I will take you up on that offer soon but first we must deal with the pack." I turned back to facing the direction the pack was, the only clue to it being there were the lights of the houses. As we neared I spoke clearly and precisely to ensure they understood what they were about to walk into. "They will not trust you, their wolves are fired up and out of control because their alpha was attacked so they are battling protectiveness of the alpha or challenging the alpha to take his place." I stop walking and looked between the father and daughter. "It will not be a kind welcome. I will handle them, I will control them, but no matter what I need you to trust me to handle it. If you are to do anything with your curses or charms, you'll have an entire pack trying to rip your throats out. Understood?"

Hailey was pale again but held steady, her father gave the tiniest of nods which was the only confirmation I needed as we continued on.

//\\//\\//\\

The three of us exit the tree line into the backyard of the Seghar's pack house. The amount of wolves that seemed to come from the shadows was shocking. The first wave of wolves were Ryker's pack, snarling and snapping at the strangers flanking me on their territory. Coming up behind them were my own pack members, including Zander who stood with his arms crossed over his chest studying what was about to go down.

Shouted questions all along the lines of "why are they here" and "why are they alive" were the only thing anyone was capable of hearing for a few moments. I waited silently keeping my body in between the packs and the two I had at my back, until finally people started to quiet down, nostrils flaring being the only other sign of their anger and annoyance. My lips parted, a deep breath filled my lungs for my explanation when shouts of disgruntled annoyance and shock fill the air and through the crowd Tyler came plowing through with Leah in tow.

Leah looked scared as she gripped Tyler's hand, eyes flicking back and forth. Seeing Hailey, Leah stiffened but nodded just oh so subtly, but that nod confirmed what we all knew. These two were the ones responsible for Ryker's behavior.