Chapter 4: Fireflies

''Hello boys! Do you need a ride?''

Tessa smirked as she looked over at the guys' reactions to her. Scott's mouth was left hanging open like a fish and even Derek was left speechless, his eyes wide open in shock. When Isaac got out of the car and stood besides Tessa with a smile was when hell broke loose.

''Are you kidding me?'' Scott yelled. He seemed beyond frustrated as he looked at the girl that was basically his sister. ''So, you knew this entire time that I was a werewolf and you didn't tell me?'' he accused her. Tessa crossed her arms and gave him an 'are-you-serious' look.

''Hell no!'' she defended, angry at her friend for accusing her. ''How was I supposed to know that a psychotic homicidal alpha has bitten you?'' she argued. ''Well, I probably should have guessed... I mean, you got hot in like a summer, it's really creepy how quickly it happened.'' she mumbled and heard Isaac snickered beside her.

Scott was about to argue again when Derek cut him off, his arms crossed in front off his chest, a scowl on his face.

''How the hell did you find out about us?'' he questioned.

''Let's just say I have really cool friends that save cute curly haired betas from banks.'' smirked Tessa as she glanced over at Isaac who only smiled in response. He seemed to have already grown quite fond of her.

''You know the girl that saved Isaac.'' Derek stated.

''Yep.'' Tessa confirmed. ''Braeden. She was the one to train me. I told you I was a badass.'' she said as she turned to Scott with raised eyebrows.

''Tessa you also used to claim you were a witch.'' Scott pointed out and Isaac stifled a laugh. Tessa nudged his side with her elbow and he let out a groan of discomfort. That girl would pack a punch.

''Besides the point.''shrugged Tessa. ''Anyway, those grenades I threw at your pups will slow them down but only for a little while before they heal, they're on a frenzy and won't seize to run unless we stop them.''

''Okay, I think you've done enough.'' Derek cut her off but she didn't let him finish. Instead she took a few steps forward and faced Derek.

''Oh, but I don't.'' she stated. ''You see, your friends instincts were to head towards the town where they could find more people to hunt. My nifty little grenades however, showed them the way to the woods. I've been here five seconds and done better than you did in the vault.'' she argued. ''I minimised the potential casualties.'' With each word she was getting closer and closer to him until their faces were only inches apart. ''Now, you think you're an alpha Hale, but you sure as hell ain't mine, and I'm not about to start letting you order me around.'' she finished and held her glare at Derek.

''I'd personally listen to her, she can be quite terrifying.'' noted Isaac as he tried to defuse the tension.

''Scotty, you alright?'' asked Tessa as she saw the obvious discomfort on her friends face. She backed away from Derek and tried approaching Scott but failed when he backed up a step, causing Tessa to flinch slightly. It was odd to see him walking away from her.

''Am I alright?'' he mocked. ''No, I'm not alright Tess! When we got the news that you were coming back, I was so sure things would get back to normal. And now you're here, and you've been lying to us for I don't know how long when we've been trying to keep you out of this. Don't you trust us? Why didn't you tell us?'' Tessa was left shocked by her friends words. She wasn't the only one with secrets. All she has been trying to do is to protect them. Isaac, noticing the girl was too stunned to talk back, decided to back her up by quickly cutting in.

''Hey! It's her life.'' he argued. ''She wants to tell you something, she'll say it when she wants to. You've been lying to her for the past year as well.'' Isaac pointed out.