Chapter 12: Alpha Pact

Isaac could feel his heartbeat in his ears, his blood pumping abnormally fast. He didn't know how me managed to do it, but he had succeeded. He had gotten Cora out of the hospital, now on her uncle's arms on the back seat of the car.

"You see the twins?" he asked Peter, scanning the area behind the hospital.

"No. But I see the Argents." grumbled the wolf.

"Not to bring up uncomfortable memories, but wasn't the last time you saw them the time you killed Kate and then they burned you alive...?" wondered Isaac, but there was no answer from the back seat. "Hmm?"

But when he turned to look around, Peter was gone, and Cora was lying all alone.

As soon as he saw Allison approaching, he jumped out of the car and reached to her side.

"Where are the others?" asked the huntress.

"I don't know. Scott and Stiles went back for Derek and Jennifer. I had to get Cora out." explained the young wolf, motioning to the unconscious girl on the back of the car.

A sigh of relief escaped his lips when he saw Derek's car arriving at the meeting point. If he had made it out alive, then so did the rest of his friends.

"Where's Scott and Stiles?" Isaac asked his alpha, starting to get alarmed by the absence of the familiar blue jeep.

"Stiles is still at the hospital. He's gonna hold off the cops for us. We have to go right now." explained Derek, swiftly picking up Cora and setting her inside his car.

"What's going on with Tess? Where is she?"

Derek froze for a moment before opening his mouth to explain. "Tessa's at a private clinic about 20 minutes away. She... She doesn't have much time."

Isaac felt his heart drop at his alpha's explanation. He couldn't possibly mean that... Tessa wouldn't die. She wouldn't leave them. She was more stubborn than anyone he'd ever met. She was his friend...

"What do you mean?" asked Isaac, though he already knew the answer. But he needed to hear it. He needed to hear the words before he believed it.

"Jennifer said she has until the full moon."

"What? What does Jennifer know?" yelled Isaac, anger taking over. He could feel his canines pricking his gums, ready to come out.

Derek sighed before answering, clutching his temples. It was all getting too much even for him to handle. "She's the one responsible for Tessa dying. She brought her cancer back to steal from her."

And Isaac froze. In his time as a werewolf, he'd finally found a purpose in his life. He didn't freeze anymore, he'd learned to fight. But that sentence, that single sentence that left his alpha's lips had him freeze on the spot. How could she die? How could she leave him? There had to be something they could do!

☽✵☾

Isaac's mind was racing. A million different thoughts filling his brain. What could he do to help Tessa? She couldn't die, that was for sure. Derek would have to bite her. She wouldn't refuse it now. There was not anything else she could give.

And what about Cora? The unlikely new member of their little pack was sick on her brother's bed. She was in pain, so much pain that even Derek couldn't relieve her for more than just a couple of moments. She was ghostly pale, her breaths coming out laboured.

"She's dying, isn't she?"

"I don't know." replied the alpha, his eyes focused on his sister beside him, not even bothering to move an inch.