Chapter 11: The Overlooked

Tessa clutched her ears, trying desperately to dull the shriek that threatened her ear drums. A banshee... Lydia. But why did she hear it? Only supernaturals are meant to be able to hear a banshee's song.

Peter looked at her pointedly, silently accusing her of the same thing. She was not meant to be hearing anything, yet there she was, listening to the call. The call to all supernaturals.

Fortunately for Tess, their little staring contest was interrupted by the sound of her phone. She had missed 5 calls and 8 messages. As she skimmed through her inbox, her heart started beating faster, anger and worry filling her body.

"What's wrong?" asked Peter.

"Cora." breathed Tessa, fear lacing her words. "She... She passed out. They took her to the hospital."

"Shit."

"You have to go." urged Tessa.

"What? You're not coming?"

"You're not going to want me to come with after I show you this message." explained the girl as her eyes scanned the various messages her friends had left for her.

"And why's that?"

"Because I know who the Darach is." replied Tessa, shoving her phone to Peter's hands. She watched as his face turned from confused to raging in just seconds. "I'm killing her." she announced, as if murder was the easiest thing in the world.

"Hold your horses Sabrina. She's too powerful for just you alone."

"I don't care." she spat, adrenaline pumping through her veins as her mother's crystal pulsed in her palm. "I may not be at my best - in fact, I believe my worst is knocking on my door - but I'll be damned if I go down before I make sure my friends are okay, and that bitch is six feet under!"

☽✵☾

"Derek! Derek where are you?" yelled the woman as she sprinted up the stairs to the wolf's loft. She was frantic - that much was clear.

"I'm right here." the alpha answered, his voice calm, controlled.

"Oh, thank God!" breathed Jennifer in relief, immediately launching herself into the wolf's arms. "Something happened at the recital. At the school. Okay, I need to tell you before you hear it, before you hear any of it from them."

"From who?"

"Scott, Stiles. They're gonna tell you things. Things you can't believe. You have to trust me, okay? You trust me." she pleaded, clutching Derek's hand tightly.

"What is it?"

"Promise you'll listen to me."

"I promise." he whispered and Jennifer leaned in to kiss his lips. But the kiss wasn't enough for her, it wasn't truthful. Her eyes scanned the alpha, her voice turning stone cold.

"They're already here, aren't they?" she asked, but she already knew the answer. Soon enough, both Scott and Stiles were standing behind her, worry etched on their faces. "So... they told you it was me? That I'm the one taking people?"

"We told him you're the one killing people." corrected Scott.

"Oh, that's right." Scoffed the teacher. "Committing human sacrifices? What, cutting their throats? Yeah, I probably do it on my lunch hour. That way, I can get back to teaching high school English the rest of the day. That makes perfect sense."

"Where's my dad?" grumbled Stiles, his voice close to failing him.

"How should I know?" she asked, turning to face the alpha. "Derek, tell me you don't believe this."