Chapter 17: Illuminated

**Watch your innocent eyes, stuff's going to get heated in the last scene**

☽✵☾

"Of course those idiots had to ruin my night." growled Tessa lowly as she sped through the streets of Beacon Hills.

Her night with Derek had — much to Tessa's dismay — come to an abrupt end, when Lydia called to inform her that they were all in the police station. And of course, to top it all off, the reason behind her friends being interrogated was the attempted murder of Kira, the new supernatural that Tessa still knew nothing about.

The wicken shut the door of her car angrily as she parked right outside the police station; the click of her heeled boots echoing through the parking lot.

"Hey! Miss, you can't park here. This is the deputy's spot." explained the newest addition to the Beacon Hills sheriff's department. It was fairly obvious that he was a rookie, since the majority of the deputies had either arrested or escorted Tessa home at some time during her life in Beacon.

"Oh fuck off! I've been here more times than any deputy!" she growled, an almost inhuman sound coming out of her rumbling chest. Because damn she was pissed they ruined her night.

As Tessa walked inside the Sheriff's department, the deputies barely glanced at her, leaving the newbie that was following her baffled at the sight of the young girl straight up barging in the station with no warning whatsoever.

The girl quickly made a bee line for Mr. Stilinski's office, pretty confident that'd be were she'd find her little pack. Without knocking, Tessa let herself in the Sheriff's office, not giving a crap about making a scene, and without noticing the FBI agent in the center of the room.

"Seriously? I'm gone for like, one freaking day and you end up in jail?" she exclaimed, but her entrance ended up being the second most baffling thing in that room. There he was, Gabriel McCall, in all his douchey, FBI glory.

"Tessa!" he greeted, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Wonderful to have you back. I missed those daily headaches you used to cause me."

"Oh, shit!" whispered Tessa in a not-so-sublte manor, as her eyes widened in surprise. Up until a couple of seconds before, she'd bet good money she would never come face to face with Scott's dad — at least until Scott's wedding or something.

But in true Tessa fashion, the girl saw their little meeting as an opportunity for payback. Smirking, the brunette brought her phone to her ear, and pretended to leave a distress message on the other line.

"Papa McCall is in town. Abort mission for world domination. Repeat. Abort mission for world domination."

Agent McCall sighed, rubbing his temples in annoyance as a smug smirk formed on Tessa's face.

"Perfect." he grumbled, quickly regaining his composure and turning towards the new girl in town, motioning for her to follow him outside the office, Scott and Tessa trailing behind the two; Scott for moral support, and Tessa because... well, she was Tessa.

"Kira, a deputy is going to take you home. But we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first." agent McCall explained as he motioned for Kira to follow one of the deputies to an office nearby.

After making sure Kira was handed the correct papers, Gabriel turned to face his son, grumbling something incoherent under his breath as he realised Tessa was still by Scott's side.

"Scott..." he began, but Tessa's seemingly innocent stare was apparently proving way too distracting as the agent kept shifting uncomfortably on his feet. "Tessa, can I please have a moment with my son?"