Chapter 18: Silverfinger

Tessa hummed blissfully, her eyes shut as she traced circles on Derek's bare chest. His arms were around her, caging her by his side, keeping her impossibly close. But she didn't mind one bit. Because in Derek, she had found something that she was missing, ever since her mother died. She had found a family.

She almost felt guilty she felt that way. Her father was always by her side, ready and willing to support her with anything she set her mind to. Scott and Stiles were always up for mischief, and they remained a source of light, even in her darkest moments. But the way she felt around Derek... it was different. He understood her. He understood the pain she felt, he understood the decisions she made, and he accepted her. The same way she accepted him. It was... effortless. They could talk for hours, and still, not a dull moment between them. They could sit in silence, but it was peaceful and real.

In the midst of the worst storm her pack was facing, Tessa found herself... happy.

"I want to tell you something." she hummed, her eyes fluttering open as she craned her neck upwards to lock eyes with Derek.

"Anything." smiled the wolf, lowering his head to capture her lips in another kiss.

Tessa giggled as Derek deepened the kiss, shifting as he turned them over, caging her under his arms as he attacked her neck, sendings shivers down Tessa's spine as his lips focused on the spot her neck met her shoulder.

"No, Derek." she argued, yet made no effort to keep him away. The way his body fit on top of hers, the feeling of his muscular back underneath her palms drove her crazy. "You need to focus." she breathed, a soft moan involuntarily leaving her lips.

Derek chuckled as he removed his face from her neck, Tessa breathing heavily as she stared in his eyes.

"It's a little hard for me to focus when you're lying naked underneath me." he smirked, and Tessa chuckled in response.

"So, this is my fault?"

"Absolutely." grinned Derek as he stared trailing kisses under her jaw, his lips scorching her flesh.

"Derek... Der..." mumbled Tessa, her arms on his shoulders, trying to push him away. But it was no use.

Inwardly smirking, Tessa focused her wicken powers, transferring energy to her arms. In a flash, her eyes flashed silver, and the girl flipped them over, straddling the wolf as her arms kept his in place on top of his head.

"No, Derek, I need to talk to you, and you need to listen. Please." she asked, and Derek could see the seriousness and worry in her eyes.

"Okay baby." he hummed hugging her softly on top of him, his arms tracing circles on her bare back as the sheet that was covering them had ridden down during the shift.

"You're making this really hard." huffed Tessa as she placed her palms on Derek's chest, lifting herself higher. "No pun intended." she smirked as felt Derek's body tense underneath her touch.

With a heavy sigh, she retracted her hands, and her voice turned serious. "I need to tell you about Morgana."

Derek's eyes widened in recognition and he nodded softly. Silently, he sat up, removing Tessa from his body as he reached for his boxers while Tessa put on her underwear and one of Derek's shirts.

When they were both somewhat dressed, Tessa kneeled on the bed, and tucked her palms underneath her legs. To say she was nervous would be an understatement. She knew she had to tell someone. The weight of Morgana's story they heavily on her heart, and if anyone could ease her worries, it would be the man in front of her.

Derek sat on the bed, his hands reaching to untuck her own from underneath her as he waited for his girl to start talking.

"This is going to sound crazy." she explained, and Derek smiled softly at her.