F O U R T E E N | I Feel Free

{Pic of Beatrice. Not Edited}

Song: Why Don't I

Artist (s): Sofia Carson

You've seen my descent. Now see my rising.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

"Hi mother" I jump into her arms. She pushes me off.

"What in the world is wrong with you" she looks disgusted. There were two guys standing behind her.

"Nothing. I'm just...happy" I smile dazing off.

"Are you drunk?" I nod dumbly. Mother looks at Noah and then back at me.

"Come with me." She grabs my arm pulling me along.

"No."

"Excuse me?" she looked shocked.

"I said no." I swear I saw Noah smile from the corner of my eyes

"You don't have a choice. I knew this was a bad idea. You're coming back home. You've changed" She motioned for her men to step forward.

"I SAID NO! I haven't changed Mother. I'm just finally normal." I yelled. Maybe I got this courage from being drunk. Our maybe I'm just fed up. Right now I'm a fiery mess of passion and rage. 

"I'm sick and tired of living in a cage and I will break off my arms just so my wings can break free, because I want to fly like a bird instead of being grounded like a tree." my eyes started tearing up but I didn't care.

"You know why? Because I've realised the moment you feel like you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely and utterly walk-away." I wipe away my tears walking closer to my Mother.

"This world isn't good. I'm protecting you" she exclaimed

"You cannot protect me from life, mother" I yelled. I was fully awake now. It was like all the traces of being drunk were gone.

"When someone constantly puts you down, makes you feel like you can't do anything right, or makes you feel worthless or bad for yourself in general. That is protection. It's emotional abuse." I turned around facing my Mother again. Her face softened as she took a step forward. 

"I'm staying."

"You cannot run away from your duties" She expressed, her voice full of pain.

"I am not running away. I asked for year and that is what I want" Mother didn't say anything. She blinked once. Twice. Turned around and left. I let out the breath I didn't know I was holding and fell on to my knees. I held my head in my hands shaking my head at my mess of a life.

"You okay?" Noah squeezed my shoulder sitting next to me. 

"Sorry, you had to hear that" I got up dusting my dress.

"I told you, one day you're going to stand up for yourself. And I can't be more proud." he smiled looking at me.

"I'm hungry" I didn't want to talk about this any more. Noah took my hand and led me to his car. He helped me sit in before getting in the drivers seat. He quickly took out his phone to text Aiden to tell him we left.