T W E N T Y - O N E | I'm Protecting You

{Pic of Allison. Not Edited}

Song: Wolves

Artist (s): Selena Gomez, Marshmello

Be careful who you trust, the devil was once an angel.

**************************************************************************************************************************************

"OUT OF THE WAY! EVERYONE,GET OUT OF THE WAY!" Noah screamed holding his arm in front of me. I groaned hiding my face behind my hands.

"Noah, please stop" I said pushing him out of my way gently. He was embarrassing me on purpose. It had been a month since I re-started going to college and it had been great...mostly. Apart from Noah purposely trying to embarrass me every now and then. 

"I'm protecting you" he stifled a laugh. Do you know what the worst thing was? It was the fact that the car park was empty with only a few college goers, stranded here and there. I sighed running ahead him and to his car, jumping into the passenger side as soon as he unlocked it. I heard his laugh before I saw him sit inside.

"I hate you" I grumbled crossing my arms across my chest.

"No, you don't" he sung starting his car driving out of the college car park.

"Fuck you" I cursed jokingly, staring out of the window. I nearly fell out of my seat when Noah hit the brakes suddenly parking on the side of the road.

"Did you just swear?" Noah stared at me with his mouth slightly open, eyebrows furrowed. I shuffled on my seat awkwardly turning away.

"Yeah, so?" I looked back at him and he had a small smile playing on his lips.

"What?" 

"Nothing. I just loved the way you have grown" he admitted bringing his right hand forward, cupping my cheek. 

"Grown?" I turned around to look at him again. He sighed taking off his seat belt and I did the same.

"When I first met you, you were so different...so prim and proper" he started to explain mimicking the way I used to sit. "And now, now you're you. You're not someone who is being told what to do 24/7. The way you have grown, is something I will always be proud of." he cupped my left cheek with his left hand, leaning forward to kiss my forehead. 

"I can't take all the credit. The only reason I opened up was because you helped me to. If I didn't have you, neither would I have any friends, and neither would I be allowed to have a free life" I slowly leaned forward pressing lips against him, for a few minutes before pulling back. Oh, did I forget to mention that Noah asked me to be his girlfriend and I said yes? No? Well, I did. Noah tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, pecking my forehead one last time, before beginning to drive again. 

Right now, life was perfect.

*****

"I'm not hungry" I said for the umpteenth time.

"Nonsense, you need to eat for two now" I choked on my water as Lucy scolded me. Eat for two?

"Lucy, what do you mean eat for two? I'm not pregnant!" I tried to hide the blush creeping up my neck. She knew I wasn't pregnant.

"My mistake. I just though that Noah might ha-" I stopped Lucy before she could have finished her sentence shoving a grape into her mouth, while she just smirked. Even though Lucy and I are not related, I truly thought of her as an aunt. Not just any aunt, but an aunt who is a big cup of wonderful covered in awesome sauce a sparkle of sassy and a dash of crazy. She was perfect.

Noah had gone out with David because David and Lucy had bought new equipment for their house, and needed help collecting it. It had been a few hours since they had left, so they would be back anytime soon.

I got up and tucked my seat under the counter, walking to the sink to fill up a glass of water. I soon as the water touched my lips, the glass fell from my hand hearing the sudden crash in the living room. 

"Lucy, did you drop something again" I laughed bending down to pick up the broken glass.

"I wouldn't touch that if I were you" that was Lucy. I slowly lifted my head seeing Lucy held against a man, knife held against her throat. Looking down once again, I let out a deep breath, hesitantly standing up.

"I assume you've come for me" I spoke confidently. He smirks. 

"You assume right" he laughed as two more guys walked in behind him, guns in hands.

"Let her go and I'll come with you" I try to compromise. I hated seeing Lucy like this. Tears stained her cheeks as she struggled to catch her breath.

"No. Paige. Listen to me. Run" Lucy yelled but the man just held her tighter.

"You don't have a choice in this Princess. You're coming with us" The two men stepped towards me. As soon as one made a move to grab me, I stabbed the piece of glass I had hidden in my hand into his arm. I didn't realise how tight I was gripping the glass, until I felt blood drip down my hand. This was probably a bad move on my behalf, I realised when the second man got a hold of my hair, punching me. I stood there for a second trying to get steady again, but it just made me even more dizzy.

No. Stay awake. You cannot faint.

The harder I tried, the more faint I felt and soon enough everything blacked out, drowning Lucy's screams.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

{A/N: Hey guyyyys. I am so sorry I took so long to update. I've just been so busy. I have due assignments, exams and need to prepare for interviews for uni. Yeah, a lot is going on. Please don't forget to...

Vote.

Comment.

Share.