S I X T E E N | Darkside

{Not Edited}

Artist (s): Zara Larsson

Song: Darkside

Take my hand. We'll make it, I swear.

************************************************************************************************************************

Love is a wonderful thing. But waking up on Christmas morning with the ones you love makes it more exciting. Yet, here I was, laying in my bed trying not to think about how lonely I was. you know, you never realise how lonely you are until you have a bunch of things to say but no one to say them too. I didn't have anyone to wake up to. No one to wish me 'Merry Christmas' no one to wish back. Even in the palace. Everything was materialistic. It hurts, but it's okay. I'm used to it. Do you know why I tell people not to leave? Because when I'm alone, I think. When I think, I remember. When I remember, I cry and when I cry I don't stop which is why I say 'please don't leave'. I sat up in my bed rapidly blinking back my tears.

It's Christmas. You are not going to cry.

I sighed to myself and headed towards the toilet to get ready. I quickly showered and completed other necessities and threw on a Christmas sweater with some leggings. It's not like I was going anywhere. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and jumped when I heard something smash outside.

Am I being robbed? I can't be. Not with the security here. I quickly walked outside grabbing a vase from the side table and opening my bedroom door. I tip toe down the stairs and froze.

What was that smell. It smells like...like....pancakes?

I placed the vase down and made my way to the kitchen when I heard quite a few voices. 

"What on earth if going on" I voiced out when I saw everyone lounging out in my kitchen. Jennifer and Krystal jumped and pulled me into a hug.

"Merry Christmas Allison" they wished. I replied back with my own greeting. I walked up to Aiden and gave him a  hug wishing him the same. Then I turned to Noah who was stood by the stove with an apron covering his body. I smiled at him when he opened up his arms. I walked into them.

"Merry Christmas" he whispered. I smiled up at him wishing him the same. 

"What are you guys doing here" I asked moving out of Noah's arms.

"You actually think we would have let you be alone for Christmas?" Noah asked throwing an arm around my shoulder. My heart swelled. I wasn't alone. I wasn't alone on Christmas day. 

"What about your family?" I asked sitting down on a stool.

"You are family, Allison" Aiden winked pushing my shoulders with his own. They considered me Family? I began to feel a lump in my throat. I smiled through it.

"You guys, have no idea how much this means to me" I choked. I went from having no one to everyone. They considered me family yet what am I doing? I'm lying to their faces. They had no idea who I was. Heck they don't even know my name is not Allison Paige. It's Paige Allison. It seems like everything I do is either wrong or not enough.

"Okay, enough of this. I'm starving. Let's eat." Jennifer spoke up filling her plate with pancakes. Noah came to sit next to me and we all dug in.

*****

"You guys want to start giving presents?" Aiden asked form where he was sitting on the couch.

"No, not yet. Let's do something else." Krystal piped up.