S E V E N T E E N | Selfish

{Pic of David. Not Edited}

Song: Mama

Artist (s): Jonas Blue ft William Singe

Let life surprise you.

*******************************************************************************************************************************

The next day, everyone decided to do their own individual stuff, so I decided it was finally time to have a catch up session with David and Lucy. Quickly digging my phone out of my pocket, I found his number and waited for him to pick up. He did so on the fifth ring.

"Princessssssss" he semi-yells into the phone, I groaned. David has always called be despite me telling him not to.

"David, how many time ha-"

"Have I told you not to call me Princess? I know" he cut me off before I could finish.

"Then why do you?" I swap my phone between my ears.

"Because you'll always be a Princess to me no matter your status. You're the daughter that God indirectly gave me." I smiled at his words. David and his wife Lucy couldn't have kids but despite that they were still content with each other. I heard him sigh on the other end. I considered Lucy to be a second mum to me. So what if she isn't blood. Family is not always blood. It's the people in your life who want you in theirs; the ones who accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile and love you no matter what. And apart from that she seriously acted like a second mum. As a kid whenever I would get annoyed at Mother for invading my personal space Lucy would come about saying. 'You came out of her personal space.' Can't fight that, I guess. Not only that be whenever she would yell and I asked her why she was. This was her reply. 'Princess, you call it yelling when I raise my voice. I call it motivational speaking for the selective listener.' I didn't know what that meant back then. I quietly laugh to myself at the memory.

"Did you need anything from me?"

"Oh, no. Not really. I was just wondering if you and Lucy wanted to meet up today. I really miss you." David was truly like a father to me. Whenever I had a problem he was the person I went to and he was the one who raised me. And the change from having him around me 24/7 to having him gone was hard.

"We're always free to meet up with you. Where do you want to meet?" he asked.

"How about the cafe I first ran into you?" I suggested supporting a huge grin. After he agreed we hung up and I ran upstairs to get changed. I quickly threw on a sweater and some jeans and made my way to the cafe. TI wasn't too far from my hotel so I decided to just walk. I got there within ten minutes and ordered a coffee for me, David and Lucy before taking a seat waiting for Them. When I felt cold air hit me I instantly looked towards the door to see the pair walking hand in hand. David grinned when he saw me and made his way to our table. I got out of my seat pulling him into a hug.

"Merry Christmas" I wish him and he does the same before taking his seat opposite me. And I move onto Lucy who wishing the same who then continued to sit next to David.

"How have you been kiddo?" David asked drinking his coffee relishing in its taste.

"I've been great. How about you two?"

"We're great. But forget about us. How is this undercover stuff going?" Luc asked resting her chin on her hand waiting for me to respond.

"I don't know whether I should just stop or not." I sigh. They waits for me to continue.

Princess Undercover ✔जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें