Chapter 5

Conan

We rode on oji-san's rented car. Suddenly,oji-san stopped at a restaurant.

"Oto-san,what are we doing here?" Ran asked.

"To eat of course!" Oji-san answered.

"Oto-san,don't tell me that you're gonna play with your friends here." Ran said then she raised her eye brows.

"Ah...eh..." Oji-san stuttered.

"Yapade!!!"

"Hehehe."

As expected from oji-san. As we went inside,someone shouted.

"Mouri-san!!!"

It was a man probably in his 30s.

"Oh! Mitsui-san!" Oji-san shouted back. Good thing we are the only people here.

Oji-san let us sat on a table then he went to his friends on another table.

"Oto-san." Ran called.

"Nani?" Oji-san answered irritably.

"Who are those people or should I say your friends?" Ran whispered then pointed to oji-san's 4 friends.

"Oh,the one with a brown leather jacket is Mitsui Kokoro,a mahjong expert,the one with a red t-shirt is Kenji Mitanami,he is the owner of this restaurant,he closed his restaurant for today,just for playing mahjong." Oji-san replied.

Hontoni? He just closed his restaurant just for mahjong?

"And the one who wears, a black cotton coat is Sakiragi Jukori,a wealthy bar owner in Beika City 3rd district. And that man who wears green t-shirt is Kansesh Gurioni,a famous surfer." Oji-san continued.

"Okay." Ran said. "Can we order something to eat? We're really hungry now."

"Of course! I already asked Kenji-san if you can order,and with no charges." Oji-san replied then went back to his friends and played mahjong.

"Conan-kun,Cachima-kun,what do you want to order?" Ran asked while holding a menu.

"I want French pastry." Cachima said while folding her arms.

"But...it could hurt your tummy and you haven't eaten dinner yet." Ran said.

"Fine,then sushi." She replied while looking outside.

"How'd you know that----"

"I read the sign. Sushi and French restaurant."

"Okay,then what---"

"Salmon raw." She said.

What's her problem? She never let Ran finish talking.

"Okay,how about you Conan-kun?" Ran asked then she turned to me.

"I want sushi. Anything." I said in my childish tone.

Ran nodded then went to oji-san and told our orders to Kenji-san.

Kenji said something to her. Then she went into the kitchen.

I looked at my sister who is looking outside. I stared at her.

"What do you want?" She asked still not looking.

I just stared at her waiting for her to look at me.

"Just spit it out. Ran's not here anyway." She said but still not looking.

"Okay fine,what's your problem huh?" I said then looked outside.

"I saw two men in black lately when we just arrived here. I guess they're the same ones who let us drank that drug." Then she looked at me.

I was surprised of what she said. She saw them?

Suddenly,Ran came and sat down. She look at us,confused.

"You two seem to have a serious conversation. Can you tell me?" She said.

"Ah...eh...no...I'm just---" I never continued my words because oni-chan interrupted.

"He's just scared of my stories." She said then looked at me.

"Oh really?"

"Y-yes!" I stuttered.

"Okay." She said. "We'll have to wait,the chef in the kitchen is still cooking our dinner." She said then read the menu.

"Gommene Ran-neechan."

We looked at oni-chan.

"Sorry for what?" Ran asked.

"For what I acted lately." She said while bowing her head.

"Oh it's fine." Ran said.

After a few minutes,our orders arrived then we ate. We talked for hours.

"Ran! We need to go!" Oji-san shouted then he went inside his rented car.

I glanced at the restaurant's wall clock. It's already a quarter to mid-night. I sighed.

We followed oji-san then we drove home.

When we went inside Ran's house,I asked her if I can use the shower. She said yes.

I ran to the bathroom and bathed myself.

Then someone knocked.

"Conan-kun! You may sleep in my father's room while Cachima will sleep in my room." Ran said. "Oh,and your clothes are inside the room. Don't worry,father is just watching Yoko-chan."

"Okay Ran-neechan!" I replied.

After I showered,I went to oji-san's room and dressed in pajamas.

I went to the living room and saw Ran-chan.

I went near her.

"Ran-neechan,where's Cachima-kun?" I asked.

"Oh she's in my room just dressing herself into her pajamas." Ran answered.

"I'm right here."

I looked at my back and saw oni-chan wearing blue and white stripes of pajamas.

"Ran-neechan,can we sleep now?" I asked in my childish tone.

Ran just nodded. Then we went upstairs.

"Oyasumi oni-san." Oni-chan said then went into Ran's room.

"Oyasumi oni-chan." I said under my breath and then went inside oji-san's room.

~•~few hours later~•~

I still couldn't sleep. The lights are out an hour ago.

I stared blankly at the white ceiling. Oni-chan's words made me freeze.

"I saw two men in black lately when we just arrived here. I guess they're the same ones who let us drank that drug."

Those words kept coming back. Nah! Better shake them off for now.

Just as I said,I shook off her words and closed my eyes.

After a few minutes,I fell into a deep sleep.