Potential Crush and Lila || Chapter 16 ||

I woke up with my head, back and neck sore. I tried to sit up but was stopped by the arms around my waist. What? I looked around gaining my bearings. The computer was in front me so I must be in the chair. I guess Adrien and I fell asleep while gaming last night. I stretched and grabbed my phone, checking the time. WHAT?

"Adrien! Wake up!" I shouted, spinning myself around so I was straddling him. I grabbed his shoulders and shook gently, waking him up. He groaned in irritation causing his nose to screw up, it was one of the cutest things I had ever seen.

"Adrien you have to get up. We're going to be late" I told him. He sighed and cracked an eye open, looking up at me with a smile. I smiled down at him.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" he asked quietly, tucking my hair behind my ear and cupping my face. A blush rose to my cheeks and I climbed off him, walking over to my bag. I grabbed some random clothes before walking into his bathroom.

I lent against the bathroom door and held my clothes to my chest, smiling like a dork. He called me beautiful. Oh, snap out of it Riva, you have a soulmate. You can't crush on your best friend. I buried my face in the bundling of clothing and sighed dramatically before turning the shower on.

I stripped off my clothing, throwing them somewhere behind me in the gigantic bathroom. I stepped under the stream of hot water, letting the water run over me, trying to erase most of yesterday. I scrubbed lightly at my skin before turning the water off.

A knock on the bathroom door caught my attention. I wrapped a towel around myself and called out. Adrien opened the door and stepped in, going red as soon as he saw me. The boy quickly spun around apologising and I laughed lightly.

"What do you need?" I asked, grabbing my clothes, and moving behind the wall near the shower. I started pulling my clothes on, making sure they matched nicely and didn't clash. I stepped out from behind the wall, seeing Adrien looking at his shoes with his back still facing me.

"Nathalie wanted me to come and get you, we're leaving soon" he said, shuffling his feet in embarrassment. I smirked and rolled my sleeves up as high as they'd go before grabbing the towel and rushing at Adrien. I threw my arms around his torso and dropped the towel, making it look like I had dropped my towel to hug him.

He blushed darker and he squeaked cutely, closing his eyes. I laughed and fixed my sleeves before placing the towel in the hamper and walking out and into his room. I pulled my shoes on and slipped my phone into my pocket, turning back to look at Adrien who was struggling to look at me.

We made our way to the limo that would be dropping us at school and Nathalie raised her eyebrow while looking at us. I can only assume what is going through her head. I'm wearing a smug grin and Adrien is fifty shades of pink.

The whole ride to school was silent. It wasn't necessarily awkward but it was quiet. This left me alone with my thoughts that were plagued by two very attractive blondes. One of them was understandable as he's my soulmate. The other one has snuck up on me, smacking me in the face. I furrowed my eyebrows and climbed out of the limo with Adrien right behind me.

Nino, Alya and Marinette, who was dragged, ran up to us with grins on their faces. I couldn't help but smile back. I was genuinely happy for them, they really did fit together well.

"Hi Adrien" Marinette managed to say without falling over her words. Both Alya and I looked impressed. Adrien smiled at her and I elbowed him, making him give me a look. I gestured to Marinette. He turned to her and smiled brighter.

"Hey Marinette. How are you?" he asked. Alya pulled me into her and Nino, both slung their arms around my neck and walked off. I tried to look over my shoulder at Adrien and Marinette. I wanted to know how Marinette did.

"Girl, you need to get your emotions in check" Alya stated after we entered the courtyard. I gave her a look of confusion while Nino chuckled into the back of his hand.

"Sure, you helped Marinette with Adrien but it was practically oozing out of you" Nino said, still giggling like a school girl. Alya beamed at me and tightened her arm around me slightly.

"Your jealousy was bad. Though I thought you and Chat had a thing" she said, tapping her chin while giving me a knowing smile. I groaned and put my head in my heads. Why did I have to have a thing for blondes with big green eyes?

"Chat and I do have a thing but I can't stop thinking about Adrien and that only started last night. But Marinette likes Adrien plus I already have Chat so I need to leave Adrien alone but the way he screws up his nose is too cute" I rambled to the pair of soulmates who both had grins on their faces but a look of sympathy. Alya sighed and squeezed my shoulder slightly.

"As much as I love you, I'm going to tell you to leave Adrien. I have to be loyal to my girl Marinette" she gave me a sad smile. I know that Marinette is in love with Adrien, apparently, she has been for some time. I know I should let him go because he's not mine but the idea feels wrong and a panic starts to set in.

I nodded, telling Alya I understood and we saw Marinette run into the classroom with a red face and Alya shrugged, running after her. Adrien quickly joined up with Nino and I, sighing loudly.

"I really don't think Marinette likes me very much" he said, looking towards the door to our classroom. I placed a hand on his arm and he gave me a small smile. Nino cleared his throat and gave me a pointed look which caused me to squeak and run into the classroom.

I quickly claimed my seat next to Nathanael who was drawing quite quickly. I tried to see what he was drawing but he shifted his body so I couldn't, making me pout. Nino stormed in looking pissed and walked straight up to me, grabbing me and walking out. Ouch.

"Nino, what the hell dude?" I asked, rubbing my arm. I don't think I've seen Nino this mad before so I decided to keep quiet.

"It's Lila" he started. Who? "She's a liar and the last time she was here she became a fake superhero and she's obsessed with Adrien. I need you to bail him out" he stated, pointing over to Adrien and Lila. Nino pushed me forward and I inhaled deeply, putting the biggest smile on my face and ran at Adrien, hanging onto his arm.

"Adrien you're going to be late for class" I said smiling up at him but nodding to where Nino is. He noticed and gave me a thankful smile. I turned to Lila who was greasing me off and plastered the biggest fake grin on my face.

"I hope you don't mind. It's just that my boyfriend and I are lab partners" I said, surprising even myself. Boyfriend? Riva, get yourself together. The brunette looked shocked before she glared heatedly at me and left the school.

"So, boyfriend?"