Finding Out The Identity Of Ladybug... || Chapter 39 ||

We were about to head back into class when a car was thrown through the school. Adrien pulled me under the table while the others got under with us. What was going on? Was it another akuma? I looked at Adrien worried and he looked down at me and smiled softly, trying to convince me that it'll be okay.

"We have to get out of here," I heard Alya say and I completely agreed. How was Adrien supposed to transform into Chat Noir if Marinette, Alya, and Nino were here? I looked around and spotted a path to a bathroom that was clear.

I pointed, getting everyone's attention. They seemed up for it. Nino counted down from three and we all started running. The akumatized victim was throwing all sorts of heavy items across the school, shouting for Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"Marinette, look out!" Alya shouted, shoving her friend backwards, out of the way of some falling debris. Luckily Alya didn't get hit with any but it meant we were cut off from Marinette.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I'll find somewhere to hide until Ladybug and Chat Noir save the day," she said before we heard her running off. I nodded to Alya and she grabbed Nino's hand and we took off running towards the bathroom once again.

Ladybug swooped in, kicking the akumatized victim into the wall. I cheered quietly until Adrien yanked on my hand, pulling me back into him, making the air rush out of my lungs. A chunk of the ceiling was hanging down where I had just been standing. Damn.

Adrien pulled me towards a broom closet and I couldn't help but laugh. He shut the door behind us and let Plagg out. I grinned at him and scratched his head before Adrien transformed into Chat Noir. He looked like he wanted to stay and protect me, but I knew Paris needed him.

I grabbed his face and softly kissed him, making him relax and smile gently.

"Go, Chaton. Paris needs you, I'll be fine," I said, letting him go. He gave me a nod and a wink before he left to help Ladybug defeat the villain.

I sat on the floor with my legs crossed, just waiting to be told the fight was over. This small room didn't have anything but cleaning instruments, so amusing myself was hard. Ladybug ran in and closed the door quickly, leaning against it, letting out a deep breath.

I was about to ask her if the fight was over when she de-transformed right in front of me. I made a squeak and Marinette's eyes shot over to me, alarmed. I gave an awkward little wave and she looked like a deer caught in headlights.

"I promise I won't say anything. Just, wow. I umm yep," I said, staring at her in adoration. I knew Marinette was strong and kind, I just never would have assumed she'd be Ladybug. She nodded her head slowly, calming herself down from what I'd imagine was a pretty large panic attack.

Oh God, Adrien's coming here! I shot up right as the door opened and Adrien's head poked in. I let out a relieved sigh when he didn't show up as Chat Noir.

"Marinette?" Adrien questioned, looking curious. She bit her lip and went to explain but seemed to not be able to think of anything. I placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled brightly at Adrien.

"I heard footsteps and Marinette whisper calling for anyone, so I brought her in here, I figured it was safer for her," I lied. Did I fill bad for lying to Adrien? Yes. Did I feel bad for covering for Marinette and helping keep the identity of Ladybug a secret? No.

Adrien grinned and opened the door fully, allowing us out. I walked out, grabbing his hand. He quickly kissed my knuckles, causing me to blush before turning to Marinette who was smiling softly at us.

"Well, I'm glad you're safe Marinette," he said, giving her a fond smile. Marinette thanked him before giving me a thankful look. I gave her a wink and she laughed, turning to the sound of rushing footsteps.

Alya and Nino were running up to us and Alya looked worried. Nino was glancing at Alya before looking at us and I was expecting a massive blow up but instead she just hugged each of us tight before stepping back and taking a breath.

"I was so worried about you guys. I couldn't stop thinking about if you were okay, but Ladybug and Chat Noir assured me you guys were fine but even still, I was worried!" she stressed, making Nino give her a loving smile.

I clapped in excitement, leaning closer to her, grinning the biggest I could.

"You spoke with Ladybug? Is she like super amazing? I haven't spoken to her much, I heard she's really nice," I gushed, making Marinette blush. Alya fangirled back, explaining that while Ladybug remained professional she was very kind and looked out for everyone.

I grinned and threw an arm around Marinette's shoulders, giving her a big squeeze. She squeaked, making the others laugh. I chuckled lightly and let Marinette go, allowing her to have some space. We all decided that school was done for the day and grabbed our stuff before heading out.

"We could all hang at the park?" Nino suggested, earning grins from everyone and Adrien suggested a race.

We had spent at least an hour running around pretending to be superheroes at Alya's request. It was fun to just play like a kid usually does and I can tell everyone else had a great time. Adrien's phone started ringing and he answered it, immediately looking sombre.

He hummed agreements before eventually hanging up the phone. He turned to me, giving me a sad smile. I already knew that his busy schedule had caught up with him. I shook my head, telling him not to worry about it.

His car pulled up and he gave me a quick kiss before waving towards the others and running over to his car before slipping in and being driven away.

"That's gotta be hard. Constantly being separated by his schedule," Marinette said softly. I shrugged. It wasn't that big a deal, plus I'm willing to support him however I can in life and if that's dealing with his busy schedule and making him smile, then that's what I'll do.