Volpina Part 1 || Chapter 17 ||

I rolled my eyes, fighting down a blush. Of course, I save him from a supposed stalker and all he catches is me referring to him as my boyfriend.

"Sorry Bright Eyes, I'm already involved" I said. He looked surprised at the nickname I gave him and I pulled him along to class. I blew a kiss to both boys and jokingly winked before once again sitting next to Nathanael who closed his sketchbook and put it away.

I rose an eyebrow and stared at him expectantly. He shrunk under my gaze and refused to look my way, trying to ignore me. I pouted and turned to the front of class. Why wasn't he showing me his drawing? Wait, maybe it's a drawing of me and he's embarrassed? Or it's a drawing for me?

I decided to leave him alone, knowing that if it was meant for my eyes then he'd show me. I smiled softly and bumped his shoulder with mine. He gave me a small smile back before turning back to the class.

I tried to take as many notes as I could but with my phone blowing up, it was ridiculously hard. Whatever Nino had to say couldn't be important enough to send me 9 messages in a row. After the tenth was sent I sighed and pulled my phone out, deciding it was better to respond than ignore him.

YOU TOLD LILA YOU AND ADRIEN WERE DATING?! -Nino

ARE YOU CRAZY? -Nino

SHE WILL HAVE YOUR HEAD -Nino

LIKE I WOULD BE TELLING CHAT THAT YOU'RE AN IDIOT, BEGGING FOR HIS FORGIVENESS AND ASKING FOR HIS PROTECTION -Nino

GIRL IS WACK -Nino

THOUGH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU TOLD HER THAT YOU'RE ADRIEN'S GIRLFRIEND -Nino

YOU AND ADRIEN SITTING IN A TREE K-I-S-S-I-N-G -Nino

BUT WHY DID YOU PICK A FIGHT WITH LILA -Nino

THE GIRL THAT TURNS INTO A FREAKING SUPERVILLAIN WHENEVER SHE'S JEALOUS -Nino

SHE WILL COME FOR YOU -Nino

I sighed and rolled my eyes. No girl gets so jealous over a boy that she turns into a supervillain.....right? I looked down at Nino who was looking at me worriedly. I furrowed my eyebrows. So, this Lila chick is dangerous?

What do you mean she turns into a supervillain when jealous? Has this happened before? -Riva

YES! She was lying about being friends with Ladybug and Ladybug shut her down in front of Adrien. Lila became Volpina and it was bad -Nino

So I just unknowingly let Volpina out of her cage? -Riva

Uh yes -Nino

I groaned and banged my head on my desk, catching everyone's attention. Why do I have to be so stupid? Why can't I just be like Marinette and not be able to talk? It would make sure that I wasn't in this situation.

I'm sorry Chat. I couldn't keep my big mouth shut and created more work for you. Though Lila hasn't shown up so maybe we got lucky? Probably not.

The bell rang and I decided to go for a walk to clear my head. I needed to get Adrien out of my mind. It wasn't fair to Chat or Marinette. I kicked at the ground, angry at myself. Why do feelings exist? They just complicate everything. I mean look at me, I'm dating my soulmate but here I am catching feelings for another boy as well. Both Adrien and Chat fire up emotions in me that I've never experienced to this extent before.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I heard. I looked up and saw Chat. I smiled softly at him, tucking my auburn hair behind my ears. He studied me for a second before he walked over and placed his lips on my forehead.

"You don't have to tell me but I'll try to fix any of your problems if you let me" he said softly, lips brushing against my skin. I closed my eyes and let myself live in the moment.

"Sadly, this one I should figure out on my own" I said lowly, looking up at him. His green, cat like eyes were trained on me, watching every one of my movements. He cupped my cheek and gave me a loving look.

"You're so beautiful" he said softly, giving me déjà vu to this morning with Adrien. I closed my eyes and lent into his touch, trying to leave Adrien out of this moment. My hand came up and held his hand that was still holding my cheek.

"You should go back to patrolling the city. I have a feeling that I messed up today" I stated shyly, putting my hand into my pockets and shuffling my feet. Chat's laughter was music to my ears. He agreed highly amused and left with a kiss to my cheek.

I walked back to the school but something was wrong. Damnit! I ran inside, spotting a girl in an orange and white suit holding everyone hostage. Is this Volpina? Nathanael saw me and tried to get me to leave. I frowned and pulled off one of my shoes, throwing it at Volpina.

"Hey! Looking for me?" I asked her, keeping my eyes only on her. She glared at me while rubbing her shoulder. She started walking over to me.

"She got Adrien!" Nino shouted. I snarled in anger. I wouldn't be able to beat her with strength, not while she was akumatized anyway. I pulled my other shoe off, getting ready to throw it while looking for a way out.

When I found it, I threw my shoe and in the distraction, I ran up the stairs, and kept going, trying to lure her away from the other students. I kept running up the first flight of stairs I saw on each level before I came out on the roof. Well, at least everyone else is safe. I turned around, bracing myself. Volpina flew out of the doorway and stared at me with a hate I've never seen before.

"I saw you with Chat Noir today. Is Adrien not good enough for you?" she spat at me. I clenched my hands into fists at my side. Adrien? Not good enough? I'm the one not good enough. I'm the one who likes two boys.

I threw a punch but she used my momentum against me, throwing me into the open door. I laid on my back with my legs up the door, slightly disorientated.

"I've always had a flair for the dramatic, should I take you to see Adrien?" she asked, standing over me and grinning down. Without a response from me, her foot came down and everything went black.