Friendly Suggestions and Realisations || Chapter 21 ||

We had all gotten to class on time, even Nino, Alya and Marinette who had to take their things home before school. Though I still couldn't look at Marinette in the eye. I felt like I had betrayed her, even if I hadn't done anything. I stayed quiet in class, only quietly talking to Nathanael who was telling me about this sketch he was doing. He had been vague but told me it was his best piece yet. I wonder if it's the one he has been hiding away.

"Apparently, Riva tried to be a hero when Volpina attacked. Is it true?" Chloe asked, flipping her hair around so she could look back at me. Why couldn't she just leave me alone? I narrowed my eyes in annoyance.

"Well no one was hurt and I distracted her from everyone else. So, I'd say mission accomplished" I said in irritation towards the blonde. She rolled her eyes and lent over the walk way towards Adrien who leant away from her slightly.

A pit formed in my stomach just watching her trying to flirt with Adrien. I have no right to tell her to back off unless my suspicions are correct. Oh, how I hope they are. Chloe looked back at me and winked. I gripped my pencil so tight that it snapped and startled Nathanael.

I sighed and apologised quietly, pulling out a new pencil while shooting a heated glare at Chloe. She seems to be the only person to ever make me this angry. It's like she has a special talent to annoy me.

"You know, if I didn't know better I'd say you were getting jealous" Nathanael joked quietly to me. I sighed and hung my head low, knowing that's exactly what I was doing. After realising that he had been correct, Nathanael's giggles could be heard. I whined in embarrassment and shoved him playfully.

"Riiiiiva loves Adriennnnn" he sang quietly, making sure I was the only one who heard him. I rolled my eyes but felt my cheeks heat up. I couldn't deny it. Perhaps I didn't love him but I did have feelings for him.

Who wouldn't though? Sure, his looks are a great factor but Adrien is the nicest person you'll ever meet. He's a good person and he'd do anything to make sure his loved ones are safe.

The bell for lunch sounded and Nathanael and I quickly made our way out of the school, deciding to get lunch by ourselves. I felt like I was being stared at the whole way out of the school. Nathanael was telling me about this cute little café not too far from the school and he looked excited to show me.

The café was indeed cute and little. It was quiet and looked like a good place to read a book. We ordered and sat down at a table before Nathanael grinned at me with a mischievous look on his face. I wasn't ready for this conversation, whatever it was.

"So, Adrien huh?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I gave a breathy laugh, looking at the sugar sachets on the table. I bit my lip and nodded.

"Though I have a problem" I said, looking up and meeting his eyes, silently asking him if I could trust him. He nodded, telling me I had his complete attention. I inhaled deeply.

"I'm already dating someone and I care about him deeply but I can't get Adrien out of my head but then there's Marinette..." I started to trail off. Nathanael looked slightly surprised but he didn't ridicule me.

He sat there quietly, letting his brain tick away. I bit my lip in nervousness and the waiter placed our food down. I thanked him quietly before turning back to Nathanael.

"Sometimes if you ignore your feelings they go away. Other times they fight harder to be noticed. Depending on your own, I suggest you break up with this boyfriend you have." He said quietly, taking a bite from his food.

I flinched at the suggestion but nodded, knowing that would work if Chat wasn't my soulmate. I started eating quietly, letting things go over in my head.

"Adrien seems interested though. You should talk to him" Nathanael suggested, pushing his fringe behind his ear and smiling at me. I smiled back and thanked him. Adrien liking me back? I guess it could make sense.

For the rest of lunch we made quiet conversation where we helped each other with smaller issues in the other's life but I couldn't get what Nathanael had said out of my head. Adrien seemed interested? In me? I ran my hand through my hair and walked back into class with Nathanael. I noticed Adrien's intense gaze on Nathanael. It wasn't quite a glare but it was intense.

"Looks like you aren't the only jealous one" Nathanael whispered to me before hurrying and taking his seat. I looked at Adrien and blushed slightly before quickly making my way next to Nathanael. I couldn't stop my eyes from constantly falling from the board to Adrien.

Adrien looked back at me and gave me a fond smile. It was a smile I had definitely seen before. Pieces were clicking together in my mind. Maybe, just maybe I was correct. I started scribbling down a messy list of comparisons between Adrien and Chat Noir. The list was quite long and I stared at it, hoping it'd just scream the answer at me. Was I crazy? Or was I right? I looked to Adrien again. I couldn't deny that the two were scary similar.

The bell rang and I packed up my things, getting ready to head to my martial arts class. I walked past Adrien and Nino, giving a small wave.

"see you tomorrow beau!" Adrien called out, making my blood run cold. I just smiled at him extra big and got out of there, breathing hard. I have to be right. I just have to be. Nobody else calls me beau. I walked to my locker and changed into my uniform, getting ready for class.

I used the whole of the class to try and sort through my head. I had come to terms with Adrien being Chat. I had to keep his identity secret and I don't know if he should know that I know but I'll keep quiet until I have the answer to that.

Adrien is Chat Noir. Adrien is my soulmate. I kissed Chat Noir. Oh my God. I've kissed Adrien Agreste.