Chapter Eleven

The Sweet Taste Of Rejection
Nhica Moico

Touching him was like realizing all you ever 
Wanted was right there in front of you

Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song
Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there's no right answer
Regretting him was like wishing you never found out that love could be that strong
Losing him was blue like I'd never known
Missing him was dark grey all alone
Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you never met
But loving him was red
Oh, red
Burning red
Red, Taylor Swift

Chapter Eleven

Someone was knocking on Jace's door.

    But neither one of us moved, whilst I was still jammed between my ex-husband and the soft, inviting mattress. His green eyes burned through mine, as if daring me to back down and look away. Instead of doing just that, I lifted my chin up as if to match his dare. 

    I didn't know whether it was just me because his eyes suddenly darkened and his face became rigid. My walls suddenly went up, my ex-husband betrayed no emotion as his eyes slowly dragged down to my shoulder. I hadn't realized the strap of my dress had loosened, revealing a cream-like shoulder. Desire flared in Jace's eyes and I felt a tingling sensation down to my toes. 

   The sound of someone knocking on his door faded into the background. The moment of me and Jace seemed to be stuck forever, time stopped and I felt like all I knew was him. Him and his hard, powerful body that pinned me back down on the bed. I was in trouble. 

   And it seemed like he was too. 

  It wasn't hard to miss the hardening lower part of his body, and I had to lay still in his arms so that my leg wouldn't brushed up against it. My fingers were itching to reach up and pull the strap back on its place. The fact that my ex-husband was looking at me with such an intense heat in his eyes didn't actually helped my situation. I found my gaze lingering in his green eyes, and if I weren't careful I knew I would get sucked right into it. But it seemed to be too late the moment I laid eyes on him.  

  "Get off me Jace" I finally said and broke my eyes away from his and focused it on his collarbone instead. There, I could breathe a little freely and think properly when I wasn't lost in the intensity of his emerald eyes. How many times had those eyes fooled me over the years?

  "Why? Afraid I might kiss you?" he said in an amusing tone.

   The tone of his voice suddenly infuriated me. How dare he make up fun of me! I lifted my chin up and met his eyes once again. Not daring to back down to whatever the hell he was trying to play. 

  "No, I'm not afraid nor a coward" I said, feeling brave and thankful that my voice didn't came out in a croak. At the corner of my eyes I noticed his lips quirked at the side, the jerk was obviously enjoying this. Then I felt a smirk creeping onto my lips as well, and before I knew it I was smiling widely. With an evil scheme embedded in my mind. 

  Jace looked slightly taken aback and confused. It wasn't a wonder if he thought I was losing my mind because I was pretty close on doing just so. Then he said, "Who said anything about being a coward? Why, Miss Smith. Are you admitting that you are a coward, after all?"

  The smiled faltered in my lips, but I managed to maintain it in place. I wasn't going to let him see that he had shaken me up a little. "True, I had said something to do with being a coward but considering that you are one" I said, turning the table around.