Chapter Fifteen

The Sweet taste Of Rejection
Nhica Moico

You and I made a vow
For better or for worse

I can't believe you let me down
But the proof's in the way it hurts
For months on end I've had my doubts
Denying every tear
I wish this would be over now
But I know that I still need you here
You say I'm crazy

'Cause you don't think I know what you've done
But when you call me baby
I know I'm not the only one
You've been so unavailable
Now sadly I know why
Your heart is unobtainable
Even though Lord knows you kept mine
I'm not the only one, Sam Smith

Chapter Fifteen 

"Are you sure the car was heading for you?" Vincent asked, staring at me with such concern that I immidiately felt bad telling him the accident that happened last night. I waited till lunch break and summarised the events that had happened last night. Although, I had left out the bit of his half-brother Jace warming me and comforting me before the accident had happened. A frown broke on his forehead. I chewed my lips nervously, I didn’t know what would Vincent do right now.

 Finally he spoke and said, “Very well, I’ll see what I can do, Ames. I’ll make sure that someone should attend to it”

I bit my lips harder, fearing that he wouldn’t like my answer. “You don’t have to Vincent. You’re brother’s already working on that as he was with me, you know? It would be a lot easier to get him to give the statement of what happened”

His jaw clenched and I mentally kicked myself. “Jace is taking care of that by now, probably”

I nodded and entwined my fingers. Ashley was sitting beside me and patted my twined hands comfortingly, and she reached out and gave me a hug. I accepted the motion and leant my head on her shoulders. So many things had happened over the last month and I didn’t want to think that someone was trying to kill me.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” the woman beside me asked again.

“Yeah, fine Ash. Don’t worry about me” I said. “Are the kids with my parents?”

She nodded, “I left them there when I got your message just before your meeting finished”

I nodded and thought about what happened again last night. Surely, there was something that could lead me into believing that some stranger was after me? But what if it wasn’t a stranger? What if it was someone you know, Amy? The question suddenly sipped into my brain and realized that it might be right. What if I actually knew the person? I rubbed my forehead and sighed. I no longer knew who to trust and surely, Jace and I were just merely exaggerating of what happened last night? Maybe it was an accident after all, that no one was trying to hurt me.

After we talked some more, Ashley and Vincent went out for lunch and said their goodbyes. I was left in office alone, sitting on the creamy, white sofa that was so soft that I didn’t want to leave. A soft knock on the door got me craning my neck and saying “come in” my secretary Shay came in and dropped the message by. “Mr. Johnson is here, Ames. Shall I bring him in?”

I nodded, surprised to see that my ex-husband did made an appointment before dropping by. Shay was just about to close the door when I called out to her, “Hey Shay! Your wedding’s this weekend right?” I asked her.

“Yes, ma’am. Did you still want to go despite of what happened last night?” Shay said with such concern that it brought tears in my eyes.

“Yes, please. It would take my mind off things actually if I go. Who did you invite by the way?”

The Sweet Taste Of Rejectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें