Epilogue

The Sweet Taste Of Rejection
Nhica Moico

105 is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I want to be with you
Wake up every morning with you in my bed
That's precisely what I plan to do
And you know one of these days when I get my money right
Buy you everything and show you all of the finer things in life
We'll forever be in love so there ain't no need to rush
But one day I won't be able to ask you loud enough
I'll say will you marry me
I swear that I will mean it
I'll say will you marry me
Marry Me, Jason Derulo

Epilogue 

Ten months later.....

So many things had happened within the last ten months of my life. And one of them was getting shot but a pyschopath of a woman who seemed to be obsessed with Jace. Everything had been cleared from my mind the moment my footsteps hit the hospital. It took me two days to wake up as the surgery had taken a toll on me. I was lucky enough to dodge the bullet from my heart but instead landed on my stomach. Nothing was damaged severely and I'd been thankful ever since. I remembered Jace telling me Dolores being caught and putting her back to the mental hospital that she used to be in. Dolores had a mental history for quite a long time now and Jace didn't see her threat just as soon as it was facing him. Dolores was diagnosed with some illness that had totally taken over her mind and body and made her situation worst. 

And as for Jordan; she was discharged soon after the case and nothing had come to prepare me for feeling completely guilty for what we'd gotten her in. As soon as she was out of jail, Jace and I drove to her place and had apologized for our behaviour. We explained the situation as she deserved to know the truth and why we could have possibly turned to her straight away when Matt said they saw a blonde woman make her way to her house. Of course, wearing a disguise had never occured to mind. The sight of Jordan crying had broken my heart and my remorse made me feel even more bad about myself. I vowed to never make such decision again but Jordan's voice had been strong and forgiving as she said then, "it's okay Amy. I can't blame you for thinking it was me. I'd done a lot of bad stuff to you and Jace and all I want from you is forgiveness in return"

"Of course, we forgive you!" Jace and I said in unison.

That had been four months ago and things seemed to be looking up for all of us. On the sixth month after the kidnapping, we found out that Jordan and Matt started to date and a smile had been on my face ever since. Nothing had made me even more happier when I found out my secretary gave birth to a healthy baby boy while Jace and I settled things between ourselves. I hadn't made a move nor uttered a word to anyone about his confession on the day Dolores tried to kill me. I admired him even more as he could have taken any bullet for me. And on the seventh month after things happened, he asked me again to marry him. At first, I couldn't put down the idea of being his wife again and I had to admit, his proposal had made me happy too. I knew now that deep down he was going to be a devoted husband to me and a reliable and hands-on father to our twins so I had said yes, after turning down her offer at the first time. 

Jace and I were married on a beautiful chapel that was old and just the right environment to live in. Adam had been the ring bearer once more as well as Jasmine but this time; it was for their parents. And as a family, we took that step forward as Jace and I renewed our vows and meant them with all our hearts. As partners, Jace and I decided to choose the house where we would live in and something the kids would also want to live in and be comfortable in. With everyone settled down, I worried about Ashley looking after the twins quite a lot these days. It was amazing to see the trio of them to be so close but what nagged at me the most was that she barely went out and have some fun of her own. Although, I had noticed the way she had looked at Vincent and when I tried to confront her she had been totally blushing and smiling about. Although, Vincent seemed a bit oblivion to the attraction between them, nevertheless did I doubt that soon, and hopefully they would get together and went out to dinner but I could only hope and twiddle my thumb.

My fingernails was all nearly chewed when I heard the doorbell rang and a burtst of loud "daddy!" filled the air downstairs. Jace was home and had always been on time. Five o' clock on the dot and when he would be a little late; he usually made an effort and brings me flowers and chocolates for the kids. My heart swelled with love as I came down to greet him. There was butterflies in my stomach as I slowly made my way downstairs. Would he be happy about my news? What would his reaction be? I resisted the urge to bite down on my nails again and my thoughts disappeared when I felt my husband's arms surrounded me. I giggled and tried to pull my head back when he tried to kiss me and instead landed on the side of my neck. I gave a hoarse moan and my head fell back immediately as my Jace attacked me kisses. I laughed despite of the romantic gesture and kissed Jace's pouting lips.

"I'm home, honey" he whispered before dipping his head and giving me a mind-blowing kiss. 

"I see that, Mr. Johnson" I said between kisses.

"I'm hungry, Mrs. Johnson. Feed me, woman! Or I would be force to eat you" Jace was cut off when our kids footsteps approached and I chose that moment to grab his hand and place it on my belly. Confusion clouded his face and soon recognition was inked all over of his face. A big smile broke on his lips and he said, "You're pregnant? You're really pregnant?"

I nodded and kissed him many times in spite of our kids in the background. "I want another little girl this time" Jace said and gathered me in his arms as he reached out to the twins as well who were busy eating the chocolate their dad brought for them.

"No, I want a little Jace again" I pouted.

"Maybe we can have twins again?" Jace teased and I laughed.

And Jace was right. Soon after nine months fled, we were gifted with a baby girl whom we named after Abigail Johnson and after a year later we were gifted with another one but this time it was a baby boy whom we named Julian Johnson. 

This was everything I'd ever dreamed off as Jace gave me a kiss on the forehead and held our family together. They were my rock and my family.