Chapter Twenty

The Sweet Taste Of Rejection
Nhica Moico

I'm trying to pretend it isn't true
But even when I want its like I can't get over you
Over you
Over you, over you
And everytime I try and tell you why
I turn my face and tears run down my eyes
It's over now, over now
Baby it's over now, over now
So give me all the magic
Just give me all the magic that we made
It's like a giant in my heart babe
This love is greater then my heartbreak
So give me back the moments
Just give me back the moments that we made
It's like a giant in my heart babe
This love is greater then my heartbreak
Giant in my heart, Kiesza

Chapter Twenty 

 I stared at my reflection on the transparent glass of my office. Shay was outside running a few things for me while I get some alone time and be able to relax. So many things had happened these days and one of them Jordan being caught with the black car that she used to try and kill me. For a second at the day she confessed, I thought she had meant it and actually went to rehab. Only what she said was thrown back to my face. I was stupid enough to believe Jordan for a second after making those things up. A loose strand of hair fell on the other side of my face, acting as a cover-up to mask my face from people seeing me. I was glad enough that she was held captive behind bars and not a reporter had known about it. The last thing Jace and I wanted was to broadcast our private life in public, having too much paparazzi was enough already.

I watched as a mother held her daughter's hand as they crossed the pedestrian lane. I smiled to myself as the little girl look up to her mother's face and smiled a toothy grin. A pang of longing to see my Adam and Jasmine settled in my chest; I'd only been gone for a few hours but I could never get enough of being with my family. They were the reason why I was here and they were my life in particular. A beep on my table caught my attention and I stared down to see my telephone beeping. I had a voice-mail and I'd totally forgotten to get the call. I guessed I was too wrapped with my own life drama that I feel like I was neglecting my job.

I pressed a button and listened as Ashley's voice sprang up and filled the air. She sounded worried and so unlike her that I immediately gathered my stuff and shot out the door. My secretary was busy typing away in her computer and I stopped in her desk to tell her to hold all my calls unless it was from Jace or any of my family. I told her also to cancel my meetings and make another appointment with me afterwards as soon as I got back. 

"Where are you going, Amy?" Shay asked as she wrote my instructions down.

"I'm just going down to see Ashley. She sounds so worried and very unlike her so I got to go and see her. If anyone looks for me like Jace, give him this address and if I'm not there anymore get him to ring me okay?" I said, and gave the piece of paper which contained the address. I didn't know what was going to happen but I had a bad feeling that my situation would take longer than necessary. I just hoped that my best friend was okay. 

I ran down the stairs when the elevator took forever and I took the stairs two at a time. I wanted to get things over with and meeting with Ashley was a way to see how she was doing. The last time I left she was with Adam and Jasmine, about to go for a stroll at the park. Surely, there was nothing wrong with the twins? Thinking about such a thing got my heart racing and I bolted for my car. I pressed a button on my car key and it flared to life. I started the engine and pressed down hard on the accelerator and marched down the road as if my life depended on it. But before I went I popped the address on my GPS and lady from the machine told me to turn right. I did just that and continued to do more instructions and soon after I was wheeling down a driveway. I got out of the car and saw the street was isolated.