Fallen

Chrome was standing under the tree by the usual park bench I wait. It was so early in the morning.

Seems that someone is excited.

Yeah, so excited when it comes to Daphne Summers.

I sighed, walking a bit faster towards him. He looks up from staring at his shoes. Talk about awkward meeting his eyes. The eyes that confuse me of what really it sees.

"You're excited," I say, trying to ease the tension. My fear was consuming me as I curled my toes inside my shoes. It was hard to speak so comfortably when I've fought with him.

All for the bargain.

All for the bargain.

He nods, "I can finally see her."

"Well," I lead, "Let's go then?"

We walked to his car, me sliding into the back seat. My eyes looked at the front mirror. Again, our eyes met.

"Daphne would have to sit in front, wouldn't she?" I say, stating out the reason why I sat at the back. But guys, actually, it's only the second reason. My actual reason is that I didn't really want to be so awkward.

"Uh, yeah," he agrees, sliding out of the lot. With a swift turn, we were out on the streets. It was a short silent ride to the exact location the man directed last night. It was short but unbearable. The silence was killing me and guilt was eating me up. Should I say sorry?

Should I?

Would I?

He gets out without a moment to lose, me following two seconds later. I trailed my eyes to the building, it was tattered and shabby. A bit run down. There were grasses growing everywhere and it was ankle deep. The lawn was hardly taken cared of and the shop at the first floor of the building was closed. I walked ahead of Chrome who was hiding his clammy hands on his pockets. I could clearly see his excitement and his fears.

What if this was another empty find?

I turned,calling him over as I found the staircase leading to the second floor of the building. "Here's the stairs," I say. He jogs toward me and I climb up.

The first door I came to was filled with scratches and the paint was almost peeled off. Does Daphne really live here?

I knocked on it.

A shuffling noise comes from inside as several locks were opened. Before the door swung open, a voice says, "Who is it?" It was feminine. I turned to look at Chrome. He was pale and nervously swallowing a lump. The voice asked again, "Who is it?"

Was this really her?

"Daphne?" I say, Chrome seemed unable to speak. A face pokes out.

No. It wasn't Daphne.

Chrome releases a tight breath, throwing me a relieved glance.

"Do you know anyone that lives here named Daphne Summers?"

The girl shook her head, "No. I haven't."

An empty find.

I turned to Chrome who was shrugging the tension off him. He breathed deeply before thanking the girl. He doesn't meet my eyes, walking back to the car.

I muttered thanks to the girl too, running after Chrome who's long legs strode fast.

"Chrome," I started,  "Wait!"

He looks at me from his shoulder. On his face was dread, anger, and sadness, "You've got false hope for me again."

"I'm sorry, I uh--"

"Stop apologizing! You know what? I'm so tired of loving someone who doesn't even want me anymore!"

I watched him fall to his knees, hugging himself. There, he was so pitiful, so miserable, so open. I somehow felt embracing him, telling him that it soon would be okay.

He speaks up again, "I've tried moving on, but I can't. I just can't. I can't get myself to give up. I love her."

My heart tears, the pain reaching ny stomach. Acid was rising to my throat. I feel like burning.

I love her.

I love you, Daph.

I felt my skin go prickly. Brushing my hair backwards, I walked over to him. Without thinking twice, I hugged him.

I holds my arms with clammy hands that were tightening. I held him tighter too. He was shivering.

Stereotyping guys as cold and unfeeling was wrong. I've always thought they were tough and strong but I'm wrong. Chrome was different.

He was changing like the season.

Boys can cry too.

He heaved his breaths, looking up to the sky. I dug my head deep into his back. In this silence, with him so warm yet cold, I'm afraid my heartbeat would overpower the sound of his shattering state.

It was thundering in my ears. Evey beat. Every pump. Every life. Every feeling. Every thought. Every movement.

"Thank you Kaye. Amidst all I've done to you."

Dear God, they say, that you'll do anything when it comes to the person you love. Sacrifice. Fall. Cry. Hurt. Smile. But what happens when you can't let go? Can't sacrifice? Can't smile? Can't cry? Do you still love that person?

I stroked Chrome's hair as he hung his head.

Will I take this hand stretching out to me and asking me for help? Will I do these for him? Will I still endure this confusion? Will I finally get an outcome of this mixture of different feeling? Will I rise from where I am to reach Chrome who's so distant?

I guess, that's no need anymore.

Because....

I think I'm losing contact with the earth beneath me. I think all I could see were the sparkle of his blue-green sea and the cold kiss of this breezing feeling on my skin was all I could feel. And were all needed to ignite this emotion of mine.

I'm already falling.

No.

I've fallen.

I've fallen for Chrome.

But he's already fallen for Daphne.

God, I can't help it.