Missing You

HI! Thank you all so much for the votes, comments, messages, adds, reads...I'm so glad and grateful to all of you. I hope this chapter helps bringing more interest and beauty to this story.

Thank you! -D.S.

*****

Third Person POV

Nathan frantically called for the hospital, dialing it in his phone. Jerome loosened his tie, folding his coat sleeves to his elbows, ready to carry Kaye who was paler than dirty white. Her lips were dry and quivering, turning peach in color by the passing second. Flustered, he knelt on the ground in one knee ready to scoop her up in his arms.

His black hair was rumpled and his brown honey eyes darting here and there indicating that his brain was evidently still wondering and thinking what should he do.

Nathan got in touch with the reception, ready to say a word. But someone came rushing into the women's bathroom, in flash scooped the swooning Kaye in his arms, folded coat sleeves or not, as if she weighed like nothing, like he was used to it.

There was a commotion in the direction of the women's CR, the familiar alarm of Nathan's voice attracting his attention. Without thinking, he wrenched his arm free from the tangle of Daphne's hands. She almost stumbled as he did it, Jake holding her upright by the shoulders. Daphne watch him run and go towards the women's CR, shocked.

Then, as he rushed past her with the girl in his arms, she slapped Jake's hand away, forming her hands into balls, her nails piercing her palms. She grit her teeth, loosening her hair in anger.

She cursed.

Chrome heard her frail, mumbled voice amidst the panic of the two men that were with her. Then, in alarm, he sprinted towards the CR. He suspected that she's having another attack again. He pushed past Jerome who was kneeling beside her, ready to carry her in his arms. It made him mad. In haste and irritation, he scooped her up, eyeing and glaring at Jerome before dashing out the door with a run that was not too uncomfortable for her in his arms.

And he knew the feeling when his hands touched her skin, her back, her legs...it was...

Cold.

She was ice, deadly, numbing cold. She was sweating profusely, dropping like winter rain. He held her tighter against his chest. She stirres for a moment, her brown eyes opening just a crack. She had a small smile on her lips, sad, longing...alone. She sighed, miserably seeking warmth in Chrome's arms. She nuzzled deeper in his arms, like a puppy drenched in the rain, wanting the warmth that he was.

He looked at her, couldn't figure out what he felt, confused at what he was doing.

She wasn't his responsibility anymore.

She wasn't his responsibility at all.

But he couldn't grasp what and why.

She had her lawyer, didn't she?

She had Nathan, didn't she?

She doesn't need him anymore. But...he felt like he can't help but do what he knew was to be done. To save her. To keep her safe.

And the reason why she's like this was him. And he now, finally, knew that.

The pressure he gave her. The stress. The heartbreak. The pain.

And for a long time in his life, he was truly sorry.

He quickened his pace, every step an echo in the empty lobby of the building. The electronic doors opening for him to go through.

"Kaye," he whispered.

She didn't stir. Her breathing fast and uneven. Her brow creasing, her eyes shut. Talking would be more pain. Opening her eyes would only break her head apart. He frowned.

He angrily pushed past reporters and journalists who crowded as he emerged out the doors. They demanded an interview when Kaye needed help. "Shut it up! I am--we are not giving anything!" He said, his voice dark and mad. The joirnalists froze, taking more pictures of the moment. This is going to be front page.

"Crap,"he said, rushing past them.

He frees his right hand, balancing Kaye on his right torso to pull his phone out. He called his driver to get them home.

Home? He smirked.

Since when?

Her forehead was so close to his face as her head leaned on his shoulder. He tucked his phone in his pocket, his right hand securely back on Kaye's shoulder. But he didn't carry her back to the original position. Yet.

He stood there, watching her fighting the pain in her head. He suddenly had the urge to...

He looked away, shifting Kaye back.

His car pulled out of it's parking space, stopping in front of them. He lay her at the backseat, slipping inside after her. The hospital wasn't an option. The paparazzi was following them even now. And going to the hospital may just worsen the news.

Home was safe. Home...was the only choice he has.

He shifted in the backseat, laying her head on his lap. He started to massage her temples as she grunted in pain. As his fingers pressed rhythmically on her skin, she groaned. Comfort appearing on her face.

He smiled, continuing the massage. He pulled out his handkerchief, wiping her sweat that were condesing on her cold skin. With her with him now, he couldn't just sit and stay that way. He  seemedto itchto do something. Something to care her with.

The driver helped open the car door, walking them over to the elevators. He pressed the floor of Chrome's apartment, bidding him goodbye as the doors opened.

Daphne  called him. 27 missed calls. What the heck was he doing?! She screamed internally, pounding her fists on the CR walls, loathing that woman.

But Chrome's phone stayed silent in his pocket as he carried Kaye all the way to his apartment. He pressed the voice indicator, his door opening after moments.

He proceeding to his bedroom, pulling the covers with his right hand again. He carefully lay her, her head swinging to the side, sinking in the pillow. He chuckled, moving her head to face him. As he did, he touched Kaye's hair. He sank beside her, watching her struggle with the pain.

He moved closer, his forehead resting on hers. He closed his eyes, feeling the cold sweat on her forehead. Feeling thw warmth that was budding again between them. His nose touched the bridge of hers, his lips just centimeters away from hers, his breath woven with hers as they breathed together.

He brushed hers for several seconds, pausing in the middle of her lips. He gave a peck. He pulled her into a hug as she lay. He ran his fingers through her hair.

Somehow, someway...he missed Kaye. He missed everything about her.