11 | Gyara

A/N - Fitoor is by far the toughest book I've ever written and this is by far the longest chapter I have ever written. It might not be as exotic as the others but it is essential for the plot development, it will fill gaps, give details and introduce you... well if you thought Indira wasn't enough. However, I do hope you like it, it required a lot of patience from my side to write this because my attention span is that of a fly. Also, negativelies made such beautiful banners <3 go follow her!  One more thing, if you have recs on who I should cast for Tara, let me know! 

Much love, Aashix 

(Also, a surprise awaiting for you at the end of the chapter.) 

11 | Gyara

11 | Gyara

Tara's heart had stopped beating. She was dead.

Lekh picked her up in his arms, he ran as fast as he could aimlessly, looking for help. His shirt was soaked with her blood, she was not breathing, he was panicking. There was no one present, the halls were empty, it was an abandoned building with white walls and grey floors. The baby, the baby was gone. Dead before birth. Lekh was crying.

Tara had never seen Lekh cry.

Her eyes jolted open, she was soaked in sweat despite the fan. Dream, it was just a dream. A bad dream. Hesitantly, Tara wiped her forehead off the sweat, then she smelled her hand. It smelled of sweat; there was no blood. It was a dream. A bad dream.

She sat up and drank some water, it was warm and hard to gulp; she lit the lamp and checked the time. It was around one in the morning, she turned the lamp off again. She turned on the air conditioner, the cool air hit her with kindness. Tara rubbed her belly, the baby was there, not gone.

She started to cry.

It had been really hard lately and today was worst. She wasn't going to give up, obviously not. Indira wasn't going to break her; she was already broken. She had to stay strong for the baby but tonight she was going to grief. She felt tired and exhausted but now the broken sleep wasn't coming back. She lay back and stared at the running fan in the little light emanating from the window.