25 | Pacchis

A/N - As promised, update after reaching the word goal! The next chapter will be updated when this one gets 70! Also, if anyone wants to make fan art for Fitoor, please do! you can send me a link on wattpad or e-mail it to me at Strangersight14@gmail.com .  I'll post it in my chapters and dedicate it to you! <3

Also, this chapter is dedicated to WishThatWasMe for being such a supportive reader. I love your comments very-very much! 

(you guys might not believe this, but I have a list of my readers whom i want to dedicate my chapters too. i swear i will not finish this book until all of those people have a chapter in their names !)

Much love, Aashix

25 | Pacchis

Lekh stared at the ceiling blankly. His head hammered in pain but he paid it no heed. He was too busy thinking about Tara and what happened yesterday. He was drunk, he probably had a fight with Indira, he wasn't sure, it was a shaky memory. Could have been a dream.

But his thoughts kept going back to Tara. An irrational yet practical fear ran inside him, what if he had ruined the little relationship they had built together because of his attitude yesterday. What if she was offended by the way he had simply put off the call.

Lekh had a lot of ego in him, he didn't give a rat's ass about others but this scared him. For once he was afraid of losing the one tiny chance at happiness. He didn't want to lose Tara and his want for her was greater than his ego which said something about how he felt for her. Maybe this is why a lot of people were afraid of being happy, it could be snatched away any minute. It never stayed with you unlike darkness. Darkness was always there, lurking somewhere or the other within or near you.

So Lekh did the unbelievable in the next few minutes. He called her. Lekh Singh Rajput called someone by himself. That didn't happen a lot especially if he had turned them down in the first place. But things were changing, he was changing.

He waited silently as the phone rang, his chest pounding loudly. The phone kept ringing until finally a robotic voice announced that the user was unavailable to take calls.

She must be busy. He forced himself to thing. Or she must be ignoring him.

Lekh grew anxious and fear overtook his mind. He had ruined everything. He took a deep breath. I should call again. But again, the user was unavailable to take calls. He tried to force himself into thinking that maybe she was busy with the wedding preparations, it was only two days away. Tara isn't the type to ignore people, she must be busy. He coaxed his heart into a normal pace by assuring himself that Tara in fact, must be busy.

Against his normal self, Lekh ended up ringing her phone for the third time continuously, actually ashamed of his desperate behaviour.

A knock on the door stopped him from doing it the fourth time.

"What?" he snapped loudly.

"It's Ramya." His elder sister called out.

Lekh face palmed himself out of agitation wanting to pull each of his hair out.

"I'm sorry, come in Di."

When Ramya walked in, she wasn't at all surprised to see Lekh in such a bad shape. He was an emotional wreck; Tara had told her what had happened over the phone. She had called her up immediately after he had put off the phone, worried that she had made a terrible mistake.

Lekh's hair was messy and his eyes were red and puffed. His face looked a little swollen, maybe because the air conditioner was turned on in the lowest temperature even when it was not required all throughout the night.

"Your body is going to hate you." Ramya commented as she drew the curtains to let the sunlight in making Lekh cringe.

"Yes, just like Tara." He deadpanned making her laugh.

"No, not like Tara but definitely like our mother who is in a bad mood since she woke up."

Lekh didn't say anything, instead he pressed a pillow on his face, "can you please shut the curtains in?" he groaned in a muffled voice through the pillow.

"No, I cannot." Ramya replied sternly, "Now please get up. You are getting married in two days and you hold some responsibilities as the groom."

"Ask Tara if she still wants to marry me."

Ramya wondered if Lekh was still drunk, he was never this vocal about his feelings. Nevertheless, she was happy about it.

"She does, now get up."

"You don't even know what happened!"

"I do, now get up. Ladies talk." She said hitting him with another pillow. Being an elder sister was a job in itself and being an elder sister to the likes of Lekh was another thing altogether.

Of course. Ladies talk. Lekh felt embarrassed, god knew how many more people Tara had gone and told this to.

"Is she angry?"

"No she's not angry. Lekh, you put of a call because you were too afraid to talk about your past. It wasn't that big of a deal, don't over think it. Tara is a very understanding woman, she gets what happened. She isn't angry, she was just scared that she had hurt you."

"Oh." Lekh whispered finally letting go of the pillow from his face, the sunlight didn't bother him much. Ramya loved how a very boyish side of Lekh had re-born. Wanting to rejoice it for herself, she hit him with the pillow again and told him to get up.

"Ouch!" Lekh shrieked, "Okay!"

When Ramya had left after taking the promise that he'd bathe and get ready and come downstairs, Lekh smiled to himself. Now he was sure Tara was busy and not ignoring him.