40 | Chalees

A/N - We didn't reach the vote goal for the last chapter but Fitoor did cross 50K reads and I couldn't be more grateful. Thank you for all the support and love! I honestly would have quit writing Fitoor (and I almost had) if it hadn't been for the surprise fan messages and fan arts; not just on wattpad but on e-mail and instagram. All my love to you <3

I hope you do enjoy reading the last chapter of Fitoor (this is mostly a light chapter which I hope brings a smile on your faces). Prologue (which has some juice) coming up soon! 

40 | Chaalees

Six months had passed and Tara was eight months pregnant. Everything was sitting perfectly. They were settled in a quiet area of Bangalore. With Lekh's educational background in IT and his given foreign education, it wasn't very hard for him to land a job. Plus, it didn't hurt that he came from an important business family with much influence.

Things were very peaceful in their end. The change in place had a positive impact on her health, she felt better and freer. Lekh and her took morning and evening walks every day without fail, taking in the fresh airy breeze of Bangalore. It was good. It was more than good.

The baby would be here in a month, maybe even less if they were to follow the doctor's words. The health care facility here was also excellent. They didn't have to rely much on Lekh's parents for finance. Working in a good company also meant good perks for Lekh. Their health care was free and so was the rent which happened to be their two highest expenses right now.

Tara was also two months in in an online course for designing. She was learning online tools like Photoshop and Illustrator. She already had exceptional artistic skills and her strong aesthetic sense gave her designs an edge even though she was an amateur. With every design she made, she felt content with herself. She felt productive and important. A feeling very foreign yet extremely satisfactory.

Living away from the Rajput mansion had also given Lekh had Tara to learn mundane things about each other, like husband and wife. Like Lekh had learned that Tara loved to be kissed on her forehead when she woke up. Tara had learned that Lekh liked hot milk and cereal for his breakfast. They learned that neither of them liked Indian television much but thoroughly enjoyed old Bollywood movies. Tara had learned, in much annoyance that Lekh liked to listen to English music whereas she was a diehard fan of Indian classical and begrudgingly had to tolerate Lekh singing in the bathroom. Tara had also learned, in most unfortunate circumstances that Lekh could not sing well.

"You are scaring the baby." She commented as Lekh sang another English tune she was unaware of while buttoning his shirt. She looked at him in sweet annoyance, still very annoyed of his singing though.

Lekh laughed, "Not at all, the baby kicks every time I sing. She likes it." He boasted confidently. For some reason, Lekh was sure it was going to be a girl. Tara on the other hand believed it was going to be a boy.

"He kicks in frustration! He wants to come out soon so he can run away to avoid your singing!" Tara loved mocking him, Lekh always made his best cutely offended face when she did. He came and sat next to her and put his ears on her belly.

"What did you say?" he asked raising his eyebrows. "Oh? Is it? So you are saying mommy is wrong and I am a brilliant singer?" Lekh pretended listening to the baby talk. Lekh hit him gently on his head and laughed. He did that every time Tara disagreed with him, Lekh would pretend the baby was speaking, usually pro-him.

He kissed her gently on her forehead and finished buttoning his shirt as Tara continued to observe him lovingly.

"Come home soon today, we need to visit the doctor." Tara said, getting up, her hands on her belly. The weight of it disabling her from standing up properly.