Chapter 34 - An advice

Karasuno was doing very well in their first match of the spring tournament. It was clear that they were taking it very seriously and that they had come to challenge, despite the little strange plays from Hinata and Tanaka. They already started to gain a few fans in the crowd. Still, it was a close race for winning the second set which both teams didn't want to lose. Tamiko's​ jaw tightened as she watched the match continue, yet her mind lingering elsewhere. The pen in her hand was twirling and pendeling as her thoughts were lost with Oikawa's words. Why hadn't Ushijima told her about his future? Was it because she didn't ask, because that did seem to be the most plausible explanation. But being a woman, her heart influenced her thoughts and fears far more than she wanted. A sudden cheer pulled her back to reality. Karasuno had scored another point after a great receive from Nishinoya.

"Nice," Iwaizumi whistled. "That libero of theirs is amazing."

"It's kinda disgusting how easily he makes it look." Oikawa pouted.

"It's disgusting how easily you make serving look." Tamiko added.

Oikawa smirked a pushed up his glasses.

"Since we have a matched look, you should be a little happier."

"We don't have a matched look." Tamiko sighed.

"Yeah we do," he interjected. "You have your glasses on. They are the same colour as well."

He wasn't wrong. They did both wear the same-looking glasses, similar frame, same colour. Both wore them on rare occasions as well, so both of them owned contact lenses. But there was one big difference.

"They're not even the same type, so be quiet." she grumbled.

Oikawa leaned back and begrudgingly continued to watch the match. He knew what she meant but in his mind he was still happy about the fact that they both had similar glasses, even if only by appearance.

"I've never asked," Iwaizumi spoke. "Do those glasses really work?"

"I wouldn't be so calm if they didn't." she explained.

"True," he nodded. "It's just hard to imagine that glasses like that exist."

Tamiko stayed silent as she continued to watch the match, but her mind drifted towards her worry again. She had to ask him. He didn't have a great understanding of relationships so who knew where the future would take them if they head into different directions. But she didn't want to be a hindrance for him either. He had a good chance for a big career and she wanted to support him in that no matter what. But it still bothered her that she didn't know anything about his future plans. She knew what the others had planned to do but her own boyfriend had been silent about it. He surely must have a good reason for keeping it to himself. A short glance over the shoulder confirmed that he still wasn't back. Whatever he was doing, he was taking his time.

Meanwhile, somewhere in the lonely corridors of the stadium, Ushijima stood by himself, his phone by his ear. His expression was stoic as ever as the girl at the other end replied.

"Ushijima Wakatoshi," he heard the receiver say. "Why do I get the honour of your call?"

"I apologize for calling so suddenly Izumi," Ushijima started.

"No problem," she told him. "I always get weird phone calls. So what can I do for you?"

"I need some advice." he said.

There were a few noises which sounded like her placing a cup down on a table.

"Advice?" she repeated with confusion. "Advice on what?"