Chapter 58 - A warmth

Greetings my little balls of sunshine,

a long time has passed since I have uploaded anything and I thank you all for your love and supprot.

As per usual real life is a bit of a drag and there were so many things going on that I didn't have time to sit down a write.

However, since I wanted to spy on Trumps Twitter I now have my very own Twitter....after many years....at age 27....woop.

Anyway, if you guys want a little inside into my life, see what ideas are sprouting or what I'm up to, feel free to look for me on TWITTER. (at)NightOwlIvy, a little adveture who wants to see the world.

Anyway, enjoy this chapter and as always, stay safe and healthy. Keep your distance and wear a mask :)

Chapter 58 - A warmth

"Please stand back. The train is arriving," the announcement echoed across the track at Tokyo station.

Ushijima patiently waited in line with many other passengers for the sleek silver bullet train to roll in and come to a hold. His rucksack and small trolly were packed for one purpose; to visit Tamiko. He would sleep over the Kageyama household for the weekend and then head back to Tokyo. But only one of the three Kageyama's knew about this and that heightened the excitement.

Only seconds after he had sat down the train rolled into motion, the buildings whizzing past the window faster and faster as the train reached its top speed. Despite this it took a while until grey buildings gave way to green open space. There were a few stops on the way including the city of Fukushima. Of course, the train didn't stop there. It just rushed through. He remembered the earthquake clearly. It had been the second year of high school and it was in the middle of a lesson when the earth suddenly shook. Not long after the tsunami hit the coast. His mother immediately called him back home until school started again. But he didn't want to think about a past disaster. He wanted to see his girlfriend.

"Next stop; Sendai station. Please prepare your luggage to get off the train. We will depart immediately after arriving," the announcement said.

Ushijima put on his jacket and like a few others he got his belongings and headed for the next door. Since he was the first there he could gaze out of the window of the train as a few familiar buildings whizzed past. The few buildings suddenly turned to the view of the station and slowly the train came to a halt. As soon as the doors opened he stepped outside. While Ushijima headed to the next stairs the train already left for the next part of its journey.

Sendai station was a lot smaller than Tokyo station and a lot more manageable to navigate. He followed the flow of people past the shops and out of the shinkansen travel area of the station. After scanning the sea of people he spotted a familiar face amongst the strangers. Kageyama Shiyori also spotted him and waved.

"Welcome back," Shiyori greeted him as he approached her.

He nodded and followed her out of the station to the carpark. She asked him a lot of questions from the get go. How was work? Did he enjoy his new home? What was the neighborhood like? He told her about the only neighbour he knew; Hamada Sumi. Shiyori also had a lot to ask about her although he couldn't answer much. She was just an acquaintance, nothing more.

"I do trust you, Wakatoshi-kun but I hope it stays that way," Shiyori said. "Temptation is a curse."

"I dislike her laugh," he told her.

"That's very honest of you," she said. "But my daughter has a lovely laugh."

"Yes, she does," he agreed.