Chapter 33

**Alex’s POV**

“Alex, are you okay?”

I look at Scarlett.

“Yeah, why?” I ask.

“You haven’t eaten anything,” she points out. I look down at my full plate.

“Oh, yeah,” I breathe, “I guess…”

“The dementor?” Scarlett guesses. I nod.

“You’ll be alright,” Scarlett says, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

“Yeah,” I nod, “yeah, I’ll be fine.”

“Oi, Miss Prefect! Get up!” Scarlett shakes me, “come on, you’re late.”

“What?” I groan, rolling onto my back and rubbing my eyes.

“It’s almost eight,” Scarlett says, buttoning up her shirt, “come on, we’re really late.”

“Oh, crap!” I cry, scrambling out of bed. Scarlett looks at her watch.

“Meet you at breakfast,” she says, straightening her tie, “or Defence.”

She rushes out of the room and I groan loudly. All the other beds are empty. I rush over to my truck and fling my clothes around, trying to find my uniform. I find my robes and a shirt, but I can’t find my skirt.

“Crap, crap, crap!” I yell, “where’s my skirt? Where’s my skirt?!”

“Uh, is that uniform?” Scarlett asks looking at my red skirt with white flowers all over it.

“Don’t ask,” I sigh, trying to pull it down more. It used to be my cousin’s and she’s a lot shorter than me. It barely covers my underwear.

“Well, it certainly attracts attention,” she chuckles, “there’s not one boy here who isn’t staring at you.”

“At my legs, you mean?” I huff, pulling my robes tighter around me.

“Same thing,” she says, “you want me to beat them up for you?”

“Yup.”

“Ha ha,” she laughs, “come on, let’s meet Professor Lupin.”

“I hope he’s better than Lockhart,” I say, following her upstairs.

“Hey Al, looking good,” Adam says, running up next to me.

“Perve,” I scowl. He grins at me.

“You missed our prefect meeting,” he says, “I’m sure Percy was disappointed.”

“Oh my Gosh, Adam!”

He laughs.

“Aw, come on Allie,” he says, “I’m just teasing you.”

Scarlett stops and stares at him for a second.

“Oh my goodness,” she says.

“What?” I ask. She shakes her head.

“Nothing,” she smirks, turning her back, “oi! Fred! George! Wait up!”

“Come on,” Adam says, giving me a little push into the classroom. I sit down in the second row and Scarlett slides in next to me.

“He looks like he’s on some hard core shit,” she mutters, pulling out her book.

At the end of the lesson everyone is talking about how good Lupin is.

“I mean, even not comparing him to Lockhart, he’s brilliant,” Angelina says.