Leaving France

Juliet made her way outside where Bash was just finishing digging a grave for his cousin, Isabel. Mary had told her about it, thinking it would be good for Juliet to comfort him.

"How are you going to properly mark her grave?" Juliet asked her past lover. Bash slowly looked up at her. "Mary told me. I know it must have been so hard for you to present her body to court like she was some kind of criminal."

Bash sighed and slowly nodded. "There is another tradition, but I'm not sure you'll like it."

"What is it? Please."

Bash brought out his knife and cut down his hand, letting the blood drop onto the grave. "We owe our bodies and lives to the earth, so Pagans give thanks with what is most vital to us."

Juliet slowly grabbed the knife out of Bash's hand and brought it to her own. She merely grunted as the knife cut threw her skin and the blood dripped onto Isabel's grave.

Bash took his knife back and began to rap Juliet's hand while he spoke. "I never wanted the crown, but if that's my fate I have to accept it. I'll have to learn to wear it. But you need to know something: I never wanted Francis' life or duties, I never wanted the power, and I never wanted Mary. I always wanted you and even if I can't marry you, I want to be with you. Completely. And if that's not what a proper king wants or does.."

Juliet interrupted Bash by kissing him. Bash grabbed the sides of her face and brought her closer as he deepened the kiss. They both didn't care if they got caught. If Juliet or Bash got in trouble for what they were doing, or if Juliet was now seen as Bash's mistress. All they cared about was each other.

~🌹~

The rest of the week was quiet for Juliet. It was nice for her to not have any duties to uphold. One thing she did miss was Bash's consent visits to her room. Because they couldn't be together they had to sneak around and make sure no one saw them.

"Juliet." Bash whispered as he closed Juliet's door and entered her room.

Juliet quickly rushed to him and threw herself into his arms. "I heard about the boys, are they alright?"

"They're fine. Fast asleep. Little Henry was snoring before the Lord's Prayer was done and Charles wasn't far behind."

Juliet and Bash both laughed. "Looks like you're going to have to give them a bit of extra attention for a while, especially when.."

"Their mother is gone. I know."

"This is already so hard and it hasn't even begun."

"What?"

"Letting you go." Bash looked slightly confused. "Bash, I can't stay here. You'll have to wed Mary and I'll be left alone. Seeing your happiness while mine is taken away from me. "

"Juliet, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I'm leaving. I'm going back to my home. Back to Scotland. Mary's mother agreed to allow me to live back at the castle. To be honest I think she's just glad that I'm letting Mary wed you."

"Juliet.." Bash pleaded. "Please. Stay."

"Stay here? With you? I can't do that if I can't have you. I'm sorry Bash, but I've made up my mind. I'm leaving France."

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed. Thanks for reading.

Love ya😘
Bye.