Possibilities

It had been days, weeks, since Juliet had seen or heard from Bash. She was worried that he could be dead, but also that he left without her. She felt it was a sin to think that way but she couldn't be sure of anything until she heard some news of his whereabouts.

All Juliet could do until she heard anything was sit with her friends and write letters to Marie about what was happening in the castle.

She just wished, hoped, that Bash still loved her. Wherever, whatever he was doing.

~🕑~

Lola and Kenna kneeled in front of Greer while she leaned against Juliet's chest. Sobbing and sniffling. "Do you know what happens to servants like Leith? They say he'll get the lash until his back is split open and he can no longer stand. He'll spend years in that cell. I love him."

"You can't love a servant, you simply can't." Kenna argued with the broken girl. "Not that what I did was much better."

"But it is. Mistresses of the king are often revered, but this...My family will fall into ruin for what I've done. I'll never be able to face them again."

"Perhaps we can speak to Mary." Juliet suggested. "Maybe she can do something."

"No. There's nothing she can do now."

"It's not that dire yet."

"The gossip is already spreading. These rumors will follow me everywhere. I have no future."

"Greer don't say that." The girls looked up at their queen who had entered Greer's chambers. "Never say that."

"Mary, so you've heard. I'm so ashamed."

"Please don't be."

"Look at us. Look where our hearts have led us. We've brought you shame. Well, all but Lola."

Lola and Mary shared a look. "Well, in truth, there's something you should know."

~🕑~

Juliet hesitated to knock on the door in front of her. She didn't understand why she was afraid all of a sudden. She just wanted to make sure she was in perfect health. Lately she had been dizzy at random times and sometimes the thought of food made her want to throw up.

Her hand reached up to knock but the door was opened before she could. Nostradamus stood there, slightly shocked. "Juliet, what are you doing here?"

"I've come to talk to you, actually. I'm afraid I've been a bit...under the weather."

Nostradamus nodded and moved aside, directing the girl into the room. "What are your symptoms?"

"I've been a bit dizzy, queasy as well."

Nostradamus hummed in response. "Have you been gaining weight?"

"Possibly, but I haven't noticed."

"What about you're relationship with men? Is it..." Nostradamus trailed off.

"Intimate?" Nostradamus nodded. "Why would you need to know that? You don't think I'm.. No, no I can't be."

"I'm just trying to think of all the possibilities. With your relationship with Sebastian, it is possible that.."

"That I'm with child."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed.

Love ya😘
Bye.