Chapter Twenty - Flavour of the Month

Hey everyone. First of all can I tell you guys how amazed I was with all the voting you guys have been doing. I asked for 500 votes for the last chapter and you guys have nearly hit 1000!!! You hit the target within two days and although I would have loved to upload for everyone...I didn't have the time and energy to write another chapter. So I'm really sorry it was late. Also all your comments just gave me a kick up my lazy behind to write and I thank you all for that.

Anyways here is the next chapter where you meet someone new. Hope you like.

Woo chapter 20!!!

:D

Chapter Twenty - Flavour of the Month

“So this girl kicked you in the face?” Oscars eyes widened in shock, as he skilfully continued to chop his carrots into small slices. As I looked into his gob smacked face I couldn’t help but chuckle at the idiocy of the whole situation. Not many people can say that they had been kicked in the face and then had passed out in the water after.

“Yup.” I replied popping the ‘p’. I lounged on my comfy stool by the counter where Oscar continued to make our already delicious smelling meal. He processed my answer and promptly set down his knife.

“I don’t usually condone violence but please tell me you gave that psyco bitch a good punch in the face.”  He asked with such a serious expression that I had to work really hard not to giggle.

“Unfortunately no. I was passed out for half the time.” I replied sadly. Although I did have a chance to hit Tori after what she had done to me when I woke up and I was mad enough to do it but truthfully, I wasn’t a violent person. If I could avoid hitting someone in the face, I would. Oscar looked even more shocked at this.

“You passed out? Wait. Did it trigger a sleep attack?” I hadn’t really told Oscar about my condition. He found out. We had been talking in the kitchen like we were doing now only I had a sleep attack mid conversation. I had woken to his panicking voice, shaking me vigorously thinking I had fainted. And I had no choice but to tell him the truth. He had taken it quite well and I found that since then that I could tell Oscar anything and since then he became my confident. The only thing I hadn’t had the guts to tell him was about Scott. But in my defence, I didn’t even know where to begin in telling him about my love life.

I nodded my head. Oscar had immediately guessed that it was my sleep attack that had knocked me out and not Tori’s kick whereas Tessa had told me on the way home that Tori had been shocked when I had passed out, claiming that she hadn’t hit me that hard. But Tessa had skilfully turned everything Tori said against her, saying that no matter what she argues, the fact is, she kicked me in the face. And I had the shiny purple bruise to prove it.

“Whoa. I wonder why she hates you so much.” Oscar wondered, tossing the vegetables he just chopped into a wok, creating a fizzling noise which rang through the kitchen. Just then my gran walked into the kitchen, just home from work. She had signs of worry on her face and a binder in her hands that she was furiously flipping through. She glanced up at us and nodded a greeting.

“Oscar darling unfortunately I won’t be home for dinner. I have business to attend to so you will just have to make dinner for the two children.” She gave him a tight smile, turning to go without even a verbal indication of my presence.

“Chase and I are hardly classed as children gran.” I sighed. She rolled her eyes at me but her eyes caught sight of my jaw. I remembered my bruise and cursed myself silently for not even trying to cover it up somehow.

“What happened to you?” She asked, raising an eyebrow. I took this as a sign that she actually cared about my health. I guess that’s a good sign.