|Chapter 47|

My arms lashed out before they knew it. The lights began bursting and soon the room was in darkness once again. I could feel the strain of using my powers, but I shrugged it off.

"Get the lights on! Find her!" I slipped around through the darkness, listening to their footsteps and heavy breathing. I took the knife out the side of my bag and stuck my gun in my waistband.

I let out a slow breath, closing my eyes.

"What are you doing? We can't see!" I rolled my eyes, listening closely.

"I can. Through my ears." I moved around the room, hearing the panic breaths of the soldiers.

I turned my head to the side, smirking. I quickly kicked out, a surprised grunt filling the air. I moved towards him, my knife plunging in his neck. I could feel his gun slip out his hand and onto the floor.

I moved away from him, wiping the blade on my shirt.

"You're like an assassin. I like it." My prescient purred out. I raised a brow. Hands grabbed my arm and I was pulled back. I pushed my knife into their abdomen and the sound of them chocking on their blood never sounded so pleasant.

Adrenaline was coursing through my veins and the feeling of a blood rush was there. Strong and pumping in my mind. I pushed him back, stabbing him in his neck.

"Mhm. The sound of death never gets old." Her voice was thick with satisfaction and it made me shiver.

"Someone get the lights on!" Gunfire sounded through the room and I turned around.

"I don't want to die!" He yelled out. Spurs of light were coming from the bullets rapidly leaving the gun. I picked up one of the machine guns from the dead soldiers.

I cocked it back and stuck my knife in the side of my bag. I held the trigger, the gun vibrating against my body. I rotated around, the sound of screams and bodies falling filling the room.

The lights switched on and my assault stopped. I looked around, smiling at the dead bodies. Terror was still etched on their face and that gave me a strange chill.

"You monster!" I looked up and saw Gregory staring at all the bodies. I raised the gun at him and pulled the trigger. The gun didn't fire.

"Crap." He smirked and pulled his gun out. I moved out the way, the machine gun falling out of my hands.

"I'm going to kill you, Archer!" He shouted. I took out my gun and hid behind one of the tables. He fired my way, the bullets going into the back of the table.

"I'd like to see you try." I stood up and shot at him, but saw he wasn't there. I could hear his retreating footsteps down the hall. I ran up the stairs and followed the path, my heart racing.

Matt isn't dead. I know he isn't. He can't be.

Air left my lungs and I stumbled. I tried to keep moving, but it seemed like my body prevented me from doing so.

"Two minutes." She whispered. My eyes went wide.

"Am I getting weaker before I get stronger?" I asked. That's just stupid. I pushed myself forward, ignoring the pain and stiffness in my limbs.

"Don't let her leave this room!" I looked around, my eyes scanning the soldiers. They had grins on their faces while they pointed their guns at me.

"I'll give you a chance to run. I just want Gregory." I breathed out. They looked at each other.

"I swear. Just... just get out of my way." My vision started to go in and out and I shook my head.

"There's no way we can let you live. You've done so much damage." I looked up at the man, a menacing smile making its way on my face.

"I'm just getting started." I could feel my body begging to let me pass out, but I couldn't. Not until Gregory is dead and Matt is safe. I fell to my knees, pain invading my system.

"General, what do you want us to do with her? She seems to be in pain." One of the soldiers said.

My gun slipped out my hand and I felt panic. What is happening?

"Fifteen seconds." My prescient slurred out. She sounded different. Her voice was slow and deep sounding. I stared at the men, pleading with my eyes for them to leave.

"General, you there?" He said into the radio.

"Ten seconds!" She shouted, her voice louder than usual. I shook and I could feel my eyes roll to the back of my head.

"P-Please... r-run..." I managed to stutter out.

"Five." She whispered.

I could hear them whispering among themselves.

"Four."

Memories of Matt's face surfaced in my mind. He had that toothy grin that I always loved and he looked safe. Happy.

"Three."

He's my number one priority. Nothing comes before him.

"Two."

Not mom. Not the guys.

"One."

Not even myself.

"Permission, Zoey?" She asked. I sighed, my muscles relaxing.

"Yes," I whispered.

My body immediately seized up and I could feel my eyes roll back. My skin felt hot and it felt like my head was going to explode. I could see through her eyes inside of... me.

My blood became a darker shade of red. Almost black. My heart was erratic and I could feel myself stand up. The feeling of power and control washed over me and for once in my life, I felt complete.

My heart seemed to swell at the thought of my prescient being my missing piece. All this time. I blinked, looking at the guys.

I smiled as their heartbeats picked up speed. I could hear and see everything. From the tiny scar on one of the soldier's face to the sound of a gulp that the soldier to my right made.

I chuckled, dropping my bag off my back. I don't need it anymore. I glanced down at my gun and kicked it to the side. I'll get it later.

"General!" I looked up and saw a soldier shakily pointing his gun at me. I snapped my fingers and watched as his body vertically split in half. The others moved away from him, gasping.

"Someone shoot her!" Another one yelled. I raised my hands, their guns floating from their hands and into the air. I ripped them apart, gun pieces falling to the ground. They began running away, but the door closed.

"Help us! Please!"

I smiled, a force pushing them into the wall. I brought my finger up to my neck and slowly dragged it over. They looked at me in horror as their comrades began dying.

I watched as the last one squirmed until a deep line dug under his adam's apple. His head went slack like the rest and their bodies dropped. I clapped, staring at the dead bodies.

"Happy birthday to us."