The Hospital 🏥

I sat next to George's bed and stroked the top of his head lightly.

The lads and I stayed over night at the hospital.

George had gotten burned.....badly.

Three parts of his right arm had 3rd degree burns.
His right knee was burned also with a 3rd degree burn.

I stared at George's soft childlike face.

He lay there sleeping while I stayed there right by his side all night.

Never moving, I didnt even go to sleep the night before.

John had offered to stay up with him and let me sleep.

But I denied his offer.

There was nothing I wanted more now than for George to hold me in his arms again.

I gently ran my fingers through his soft kitten fur hair and held his hand tight in mine.

Suddenly I heard the door slowly creak open.

John popped his head in and smiled soothingly.

"How's are man who thinks he's a match doing?"

I laughed lightly.

"Better I guess, its hard to tell."

I let my eyes travel to the bandeged up burn spots on his arm.

Then I realized how much pain that must have caused him.

When I had ran to him yesterday, as they were carrying him in the stretcher, a fireman had told us he passed out from the pain.

Also that it wasn't uncommon to happen, especially when you have burns like that.

John nodded his head, while staring at his best friend laying in the hospital bed so helplessly.

"Me and the lads are going to get something for brunch,want us to bring you something?"

I shook my head solemnly.

How could I eat?

I was to worried about George.

"No, but could you bring George something for later?

When he wakes up, I want the scent of sandwiches filling up his insides."

I said the last part half laughing half crying.

John stood up and rested a hand on my shoulder.

"You bet, he will love that."
I watched John as he left the room with watery eyes.

I turned back to George, and my eyes began to well up with tears.

At that moment I needed him more than ever to wake up.

I needed him to smile and laugh with me.

I needed him to call me love,I needed him to sing and play his guitar for me so I could hear his beautiful voice once again.
I was dying inside,it shattered my heart to think I could have kept this tradegey from happening.

I could have been doing something, anything with him and this never would have happened.

It was all my fault he even stepped foot into that guitar shop.

A tear rolled down my cheek as I replayed the night he sang"I am happy just to dance with you."

I hummed the song softly as I petted George's head.

Another tear rolled down my cheek, as I began to sing the song aloud gently to George.

"Before this dance is through I think I will love you too, I am so happy when you dance with me.

I dont need to kiss or hold your hand,if it is funny try and understand, there is nothing in this I would rather do, I am so happy just to dance with you....."

My voice cracked as I cried the last verse out.

It was so true,there was nothing more I rather do than dance with George.

Him holding me in his arms as we gently swayed to the music flowing through the air, like a light breeze on a hot summer day.

I could so easily do it.

All he had to do...... was wake up.
*************************

Ello loves 💙 just wanted to apologize if the last chapter was a bit cringy or not very detailed, I'm not very good with heartthrob action stuff. I will try very hard to get better tho!!😄 Dont forget to leave comments and tell me how I am doing or what you think of the book in general! 😁 God bless and goodbyeeeee💜