Chapter 22: Since You Came, Then Don't Even Think About Leaving

Zi Luolan arranged for an entire floor to receive guests for the masquerade. It is said that the Lord of the Zi Family brought a few concubines to soak in the hot springs, so it's no wonder that everybody is out of sight.

When the two walked into the drawing room, many ladies and gentleman have already gathered; With cheerful expressions, and holding wine cups, they commented on another person's costume from time to time.

"You probably spent a lot of effort in organizing this party, even the clothes they are wearing are very fitting." Gu Yunlan sized up the guests wandering around, nodding her head at them from time to time.

"I have the measurements of every guest that I invited, guaranteeing that what they wear is well-fitting and enjoyable to wear. Including you..." Zi Luolan reached out her hand to take two glasses of red wine from a plate carried by a servant, passing over a glass to Gu Yunlan.

"Isn't it that every time you conduct a large business transaction, everything has to be this diligent?" Gu Yunlan teased.

"How can I do business without being diligent?" Zi Luolan sipped some red wine and raised her glass in the direction of several ladies and gentlemen.

"So that's how you succeeded!" Gu Yunlan wasn't stingy as she also sipped a mouthful, praising Zi Luolan.

"Sister Gu! Are my clothes beautiful?" Li Yuting saw the two chatting as soon as she entered, and happily caught up to them as she cheerfully twirled.

"Beautiful!" Gu Yunlan and Zi Luolan smiled at each other. Zi Luolan teasing, "The clothes are beautiful, the hair is beautiful, the person is more beautiful!"

"It's because Zi Luolan is skillful with her hands, the clothing's size is just right!" Li Yuting was so excited she spoke while backing up at the same time.

"You are beautiful, so you make the clothing look beautiful!" Zi Luolan reached out her hand to stroke her face, saying, "Take a look at how smooth this skin is, tch tch!"

"Sister Zi!" Li Yuting yelled out shyly. "If you boast anymore, Yuting will..."

From afar, An Jiaona gloomily watched the three chat amongst each other cheerfully, then felt her own qipao, grabbing on tightly to the hems. Her clothes didn't fit in amongst the occasion, everyone wore new clothing, even Zi Luolan's younger sister (born from a concubine). She's the only one who doesn't have it! She's clearly also the Marshal's daughter, so why can Gu Yunlan dress like a fairy, yet she can't even wear new clothes? It's all because of that Zi Luolan!

An Jiaona looked at a few people angrily and willingly turned around. Suddenly, she heard some words, "Bring a girl to the West Wing and I'll give you the most beautiful clothing. Tonight, you'll be the center of attention..."

"Who?" An Jiaona looked all around alertly, and saw Gu Yunlan looking over with wrinkled brows. The irritation in her heart suddenly flared up, what's the meaning of her wrinkled brows? Ignoring her to avoid losing face? Gu Yunlan, that's good of you!

"It matters not who I am, by bringing a person the easternmost part of the West Wing, the clothing will be on the table of the entering door..." When Gu Yunlan walked over, that unhurried voice suddenly halted.

The easternmost part of the West Wing? Isn't that the room she rested in during the break in the afternoon? There will be clothes there? She had clearly seen none when she looked all over! She suddenly felt somewhat as if something was towering over her...

"Sister!" An Jiaona turned around, and seeing Gu Yunlan walking over, she promptly smiled with a hint of unnaturalness.

"How come you didn't change clothes?" Gu Yunlan looked at her indifferently, did she ignore Luolan's clothes because she thought it'd look ugly?