Chapter 24: Placing Blame

Xin'er stood waiting anxiously by the doorsteps. She stamped her feet at times, yelling out, "Miss! How come you haven't come back yet? Something must have happened!"

"Di!"

As Xin'er paced around, a black car pulled up in front of the Marshal's household.

Xuanyuan Ying opened the car door and walked out. He walked over the left side of the car to pull open the door, supporting Gu Yunlan out.

Xin'er froze at first when she saw Xuanyuan Ying, then seeing her Miss, she steps forward in concern to ask cautiously, "Miss, what happened?"

"All's fine!" Gu Yunlan leaned against Xuanyuan Ying, shaking her head with a pale complexion.

"Peng!" Xuanyuan Ying swung the door shut with a push, dropping the keys into Xin'er's hands, instructing, "Go tell the guards to go properly park the car!"

"Yes!" Xin'er hurriedly ran inside the household. She handed over the keys to guards at the entrance, explaining in a low voice.

Xuanyuan Ying kept silent. He directly carried Gu Yunlan, striding into the household.

"Ya!" Gu Yunlan yelped softly, hurriedly grabbing onto the collar of her clothes, saying softly, "Let me walk in by myself! I can't explain myself if we walk in like this!"

Her thoughts became more and more fuzzy. It's as if after a short nap, she knew something had happened at home because there was only Xin'er waiting there anxiously at the gate,

"Shut up!" Xuanyuan Ying shot a cold glance at her, directly walking through the front gate. He said to Xin'er who was following behind them, "You go find a doctor, it's best for everyone in the household to know!"

Xin'er nodded her head hurriedly, turning to leave.

Only when he arrived at the hall, did Xuanyuan Ying put her down. He supported her carefully as they walked in. They didn't even enter the room when they heard the sounds of wailing.

"Marshal! Lord! Why does it have to end like this? As soon as Nana and the Eldest Daughter go out together, Nana actually sustains an injury. There has been no response from the Eldest Daughter either. This, you can't just not do anything! Wu wu..."

"Alright! Don't cry anymore!" Gu Zhengyu's voice was somewhat impatient. They could only hear him say once more, "Nana's injury was only a bruise. On the contrary, when she saved that youngster, he was seriously wounded!"

"But, but Elder Sister and Nana went out together, how come they're not back yet? I'm worried!" An Shefen said.

Xuanyuan Ying lifted the corners of his mouth, and looking at the person by his side, he smiled coldly while saying, "Take a look, your benevolence has actually brought other people to trample endlessly on you!"

"I..." Gu Yunlan's eyes sunk, not saying anything. Xuanyuan Ying led her, walking in with heavy footsteps.

"Shut up!" Gu Zhengyu was infuriated by her endless wailing. He paced around, what exactly happened with Yun'er? Nana had only come back with a mere bruise, stammering incomprehensibly. She only said how Gu Yunlan was with General Xuanyuan Ying, and didn't bring her. Really! Not even seeing who General Xuanyuan Ying is!

"Papa! Cough cough" Gu Yunlan's figure appeared in the hall supported by Xuanyuan Ying as she called out softly. She smiled weakly at the two with a pale face.

"Yun'er! How come you've only just come back?" Gu Zhengyu turned his head asking. His tone was rather heavy, but when he saw her weak complexion, his eyes flashed.

"Papa! I'm fine, Little Sister should be home?" Gu Yunlan asked with a smile. Her heart ached, and she lowered her head guiltily. Papa rarely ever talks to her with that kind of tone, Papa really did have a change of heart...