Chapter 28: The Last One to Arrive

Gu Yunlan slept very deeply, by the time she woke up it was already morning. Slightly opening her eyes, and with the sunlight glaring at her, she suddenly sat up, uh oh! What time is it? Did she oversleep?

"Xin'er!"

"Miss, what happened?" Xin'er, hearing Gu Yunlan's yell, replied. Quickly pushing open the door, she rushed in and immediately started tidying the room.

"What time is it now? Why didn't anyone wake me?" Gu Yunlan hurriedly got off the bed and dressed. The clothes had been delivered that night by Xuanyuan Ying, and were completely black. She hurriedly tied her hair into a simple ponytail, and along with some black jewelry, she looked full of youth.

"Uh, right now it's six o'clock." Xin'er was folding the bed sheets and her hand paused for a second, before she then continued.

"Six? Shoot!" Gu Yunlan immediately stood up, grabbing the backpack on the table and putting it on. The items in the backpack were essential. Turning around, she asked, "Where's Xuanyuan Ying?"

"He's waiting at the front yard. Miss, are you not going to eat breakfast?" Xin'er put down the blanket in her hand, and turned around to look at her.

"Not eating breakfast! I'm already late by 1 hour." Gu Yunlan threw down the comb in her hand and went outside. Six! She was late by 1 hour, how had she slept in? She turned her head and asked, "Right! Is my stuff prepared?"

"Last night Xuanyuan Ying sent people to take it." Xin'er immediately nodded her head.

"That's good! I'm going now!" Gu Yunlan waved her hand, she couldn't wait anymore, she believed that she would be the last one there.

"Miss! You haven't taken a bath yet!" Xin'er followed her out, but General Xuanyuan had said that she shouldn't bug Miss!

"Not washing! No time!" Gu Yunlan walked out of the room and headed towards the yard.

"I told Xin'er not to yell at you." Xuanyuan Ying, completely dressed in black, appeared at the doorway of the yard. He leaned against the door with a tranquil expression as he watched her. He had clearly heard the two people in the room's discussion, "First wash your face and rinse your mouth! No need to hurry!"

No need to hurry? Gu Yunlan halted her steps and turned to say to Xin'er who stood at the door, "Just directly turn on the water!"

"That'll be so cold! That won't do..." Xin'er saw her Young Miss's expression turn black. She immediately shut her mouth and obediently walk towards the well in the courtyard, resignedly fetching water.

After washing her face, she followed behind Xuanyuan Ying to the front courtyard while lugging a knapsack on her back.

Xuanyuan Ying seemed to hear some gasping for breath behind him. He turned around and stretched out his hand, directly taking her bag. With a shake of his hands, it disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Gu Yunlan stared dumbly at him, yet he turned around to walk away without even turning his head. Last time it was taking an object from thin air, this time was a Cosmic Sleeve? She immediately caught up by jogging, "Big Brother Xuanyuan, Master Xuanyuan! How about teaching that to me?"

"Teaching what?" Xuanyuan Ying glanced at Gu Yunlan who was jogging at his side. Her spirit isn't bad! She actually wants to learn something!

"Small magics!" Gu Yunlan looked at him expectantly.

"I don't know how!" Xuanyuan Ying shrugged his shoulders, then said, "That is something that old Daoists know, I wouldn't know!"

"Ah?" Gu Yunlan immediately pulled on his sleeves, "You don't know? Then what was that just now? It's not Cosmic Sleeve?"