Chapter 25: Contracted with Corpse Poison

Gu Yunlan opened her eyes slightly, she smiled weakly, "Pa, I'm fine, I'm okay after sleeping."

"You foolish girl! It's good that you're fine. Don't go around blindly saving people from danger later on, got it?" Because Xuanyuan Ying is acting like a barrier by the bedside, Gu Zhengyu could only sit back down again. What's with this youngster? He still hasn't left his maiden daughter's chambers, it can't be...

"But, she's Aunt An's daughter and my little sister, Yun'er can't just watch helplessly..." Seeing Gu Zhengyu furrowing his brows again, her voice trailed off.

"Are you more important, or is she more important? If you can't even protect yourself, why care about other people? Papa has nearly been angered to death by you!" Gu Zhengyu was suddenly so angry, his face turned red. Once he thought of his daughter who was lying motionlessly on the bed, his heart clenched.

"But didn't Papa say that she is my little sister....."

"Humph!" Gu Zhengyu interrupted his daughter's weak retort again, grunting coldly, "She's your little sister, but you are Papa's favorite daughter!"

Seeing that Gu Yunlan still wanted to retort, he waved his sleeves and angrily stood up, "Sleep well! Papa hopes to see you looking lively tomorrow!"

"Alright Papa! Yunlan will obey!" Gu Yunlan smiled with half lidded eyes. Her eyes glanced outside the window as she promptly laid down, smiling even happier.

Gu Zhengyu stood up, planning to leave, when he suddenly halted his footsteps and looked at Xuanyuan Ying in confusion, "Brother Xuanyuan, you haven't slept for half the night, why do you still stay in my maiden daughter's chambers? "

Obviously, he had forgotten that his daughter's safe return was entirely dependant on this man in front of him.

"Papa, why don't you go to sleep first!" Gu Yunlan sat up hurriedly, stopping him, "I haven't thanked him yet, you just go to sleep with your heart at ease!"

"Alright..." Gu Zhengyu nodded unhappily. Although his daughter is at the age where she can marry, even if he had the notion of doing so, this youngster can't always stay in Yunlan's room so late at night!

It's too unsafe. It's just that when he saw his daughter's expectant expression, he could only stare intensely at Xuanyuan Ying and demand, "Don't chat for too long!"

"En!" Gu Yunlan looked helplessly at her Papa who looked unwilling to leave, she teased, "Xuanyuan, did you offend my Papa?"

"He's just being paranoid!" Xuanyuan Ying shrugged his shoulders and looked at her with a bored expression, "Does it still hurt?"

"It hurts!" Gu Yunlan's complexion was actually still quite pale, even whiter than just a moment ago. She hadn't felt the pain before it was mentioned. However, as soon as it was mentioned, she could feel the heart-wrenching, bone-piercing pain!

"Turn around, let me take a look!" Xuanyuan Ying looked at her with a solemn expression on his face.

"But..." Gu Yunlan was a bit hesitant. The treatment just now was merely a change of clothes done by Xin'er, who didn't even know her back was injured. Furthermore, she knew that she'd been pretending to be unconscious, and didn't even look. It's just that it was painfully unbearable now.

"Hurry up!" Xuanyuan Ying was somewhat annoyed. He set his gaze in front of her, and said with a face full of disdain, "Be at ease! This senior has no interest towards little girls!"

Since it had been said like this, Gu Yunlan could only turn around, and taking of her clothes on her upper body with clenched teeth, she exposed her pure white skin.