Chapter 4

Preston's POV
After class we all race to the bus. I shove Mitch out of the way and get on first. "YEAH!" I cheer. Mrs. Larin just grumbled ad usual. She hates us. We all find our seats. Ben steps on and tells Mrs. Lartin hello before sitting in her assigned seat in the front. She was the favorite and got her own reserved seat. We all laugh and banter as we ride. But my mind was also on something else. Was Rob gay? It would make sense. What guy saves girls from perverts and kisses guys? Plus Ben had an odd liking towards him. Maybe she wants to get him together with someone. Maybe Vikk. Since he's bi I bet the two would be nice together. Rob pushes be against the window and basically lays on me. "Get your fat butt off of me." I groan. He moves away. "Excuse me?! You calling me fat?!" He asks. "So what if I am?" I ask with a smile. "Humph! How rude!" He says. I laugh. My stop comes up and we all file out and race home. Ben won because she was at the front of the bus. Jerome was second. Rob and I were last. Mom walks in and sees us. "Oh hello. Who's the new kid in the group?" She asks. "My name is Robert ma'am. But I go by Rob." Rob says and puts his hand out politely. She shakes it and giggles. "You don't have to be so formal honey. I can handle you and the boys' wildness." She says. "Well actually I'll be hanging out with the guys but I might hang out with Ben most of the time." He says. "Are you two dating?" She asks. "No ma'am. I'm just a good friend." He says. She nods. "Gay right?" She asks. He flushes. "Y-yes ma'am." He mutters. "Oh well feel free to be yourself here. I'm completely accepting. Now. Who wants cookies?" She asks. We all cheer and go into the kitchen. I sit beside Rob at the big dining table. "So that's why you and Ben aren't a thing." I say. He nods and messes with his hands. "Dude you act like we'll cut off your head. Like Mom said we're completely accepting in this household." I say. He shrugs. "Ben told me that too." He says. She stares at him. "What's on your mind dude?" She asks. He looks at her with a face I don't understand yet. She nods. "Ok we'll talk later." She says. He nods. "Stop being smaaaart." Jerome groans. She shrugs. "I do what I want." She says. Mom comes over with a tray of cookies. "More are coming soon. Also the pizza guy will be here in a bit." She says. We cheer and devour mom's amazing cookies. Ben didn't. She doesn't like sugar. Which I think is stupid because sugar is life. After that we wave to Mom and go to my room in the basement. It's more of a man cave with a trampoline in it as a bed.
Rob's POV
After the guys go to Preston's room I sit beside Ben and hand her a cookie. "I noticed you weren't eating." I say. She looks at it. "I... Don't like sweets. They make me fat. Plus mom's cookies have alot of gluten and lactose in them and it makes me sick..." She explains. I nod. She takes the cookie. "Then again I've never eaten her cookies..." She mutters. She takes a bite and her eyes widen. "Mmm! These are amazing!" She says and takes another bite. I smile. "Yeah. I thought the same when I first tried them. Store bought cookies are not as good as these." I say. She nods. "Yeah I bet. Anyway... tell me, what was on your mind earlier?" She asks. I sigh. "What if... what if Preston doesn't... like me back? What if he isn't actually gay? What if he is gay but likes Vikk, Mitch, or Jerome?" I rant. She giggles. "Dude. Like I said. I know my brother like the back of my hand. Mitch and Jerome are gay for each other. And Vikk is totally not what Preston is into. He likes a guy with a strong figure, a stern jaw, and a hella good personality. You seem to fit all of those. Plus. I can just see it in your eyes. First time I saw Preston's eyes sparkle in a long time was when you had walked in the room and the two of yours' eyes met." Ben says and takes my hand. "I know you're perfect for him Preston. Trust me." She says. I bite my lip. "I'm glad you put so much faith in me but." I mutter. "But nothing. You may think you aren't good enough. But you are. If you weren't. I would have ignored you like everyone else." She says. I squeeze her hand. "Thanks..." I mutter. She smiles. "Of course. Now go down to the guys. They're playing either videogames, pool, or maybe even spin the bottle because they're weird like that." Ben says. I nod and walk to the door they had went to earlier. I walk down the steps and hear yelling and laughing. I smile and get to the bottom of the steps. The turn to me. "Finally! Get over here. We're playing truth or dare!" Vikk says. I laugh. "Ha. No. I don't play truth or dare." I say and sit on the couch behind the group in a circle. "Too bad. Truth or dare." Mitch says. "Or." I say. "Truth Dare." He corrects. "Truthdare." I say. "Truth. Space. Dare." He says in annoyance. "Space." I say with a smirk. "Dang it man! Just choose truth or dare!" Mitch shouts. I roll my eyes. "I choose not to play. As I said before." I say. "Oh come on. Please?" Preston asks and does the puppy eyes. "What are those? Puppy eyes? You think those will work?" I ask. He pouts out his lip and his eyes actually begin to tear up. I break then and groan. "Fiiiine." I say. He cheers and pulls me beside him. I blush and smile.