Chapter 13

Rob's POV
I didn't believe it but... Ben said it was true. So I guess it has to be. I pull a sleeping Preston closer to me. It's midnight but I can't sleep. I pull my phone out of my pajama pocket. I text Jerome.
Rob- Why?
Jerome- Why what?
Rob- Why leave us like this?
Jerome- Oh... you found out about that..
Rob- Of course I did! There was a whole pack meeting about your leave of the pack and how you broke Mitch's heart! Mama Preston even started crying!
Jerome- I broke Mitch's heart...?
Rob- YOU LEFT HIM WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?!
Jerome- HIM TO MOVE ON! I THOUGHT HE DIDN'T LOVE ME
Rob- HE LOVED YOU MORE THAN HIS OWN LIFE JEROME
Jerome- I'm sorry... I had to leave...
Rob- it just upsets me. You left the people who loved you. You coldheartedly turned your back on us. I trusted you Jerome.
I block him. Wow. So it actually happened. I'm not dreaming. I snuggle into Preston and finally fall asleep.
The next morning I'm awoken by my phone ringing. Preston and I groan, untangling our limbs. The others on the trampoline didn't seem to be effected by the sound as they continued to sleep peacefully. I sigh and pick up. "Hello?" I ask tiredly. "Hey Rob... I know this isn't a good time and I know you're happy here but... I just got a new job and... well... we're gonna have to move again." He explains. I'm wide awake now. "What? Why? What's wrong with your job here?" I ask. "I... quit... I'm so sorry Robert. I don't mean to be mean like this. I'll pack everything up and get it all neat. You stay at.... Pete's?" He asks. My life falls around me. "Dad... I can't leave here... I have a boyfriend. I have amazing grades in school. Our house is amazing. I just don't get it. Why?" I ask. He sighs. "Your.... Your mom's back Robert. And she knows where we live. We gotta get out of here and you should know why now." He says. I shiver. Preston looks at me with a concerned face. "F-fine... How long do I have here?" I ask. "Two days. Skip school and hang out with your friends and boyfriend. You need it." He says. I look down. "Ok. Love you dad." I say. "Love you too." He says and he hangs up. I put my phone down. "Rob. What was that about?" Preston asks with tears in his eyes. "I.... I gotta move again. I have no choice Preston. I want to stay here so bad but... I can't." I say. "Wh-why? I thought you were doing well here." He says. "We were but... remember how I used to be abused?" I ask. "Yes. By your mother right?" He asks. "Right. Well. She found where we live. And if I want to stay safe I gotta... leave and try not to be found again." I explain. "How many times has she found you?" He asks. "Just this once. The last two times I moved were because of bullying and the loss of my dad's job. Dad says I have two days left with you Preston. 48 full hours. I want to spend it with you alone for as long as I can. So how about today I spend it with just you alone and the whole pack tomorrow?" I suggest. "I-I guess. Will.... we still be together? Or are you going to break up with me?" He asks. I pull him close to me. "Preston. Look at your right hand and tell me what you see." I say. He looks down. "The promise ring you gave me." Preston mutters. "Exactly. That means we will be together forever. That ring is to say I will be here for you. I will be by your side when you need me the most. And most importantly. It means one day you will be walking down the aisle to be my husband. You understand?" I ask. He nods. "Do you think the long distance will work?" He whispers. "It worked with Lachlan and Vikk. It will work with us better." I whisper back and rub circles on his belly. "You know how.... we were about to do something yesterday?" Preston asks. I blush and nod lightly. "Yeah." I say. "Can we... do it again? When the guys are at school and Mom is at work?" He asks. I blush a deeper shade of red. "Y-yeah. Of course we can." I stutter. He leans back into me. "Thanks." He says. "For what?" I ask. "For loving me." He says. I smile. "That just comes naturally to me." I say. Ben walks down. "Breakfast is ready! Get ready for school!" Ben shouts. Everyone groans and gets up. "Preston and Rob are you two gonna get up?" She asks. "No. Preston is a bit sick and I'm going to stay and help him." I say. "Oh ok. Get better soon Preston. The rest of you get dressed already." Ben says and goes back up the steps. The others get ready groggily and go upstairs. I continue to rub his stomach, which made it look more possible that Preston is sick. "That was great quick thinking." He says. "Thanks." I say. Ben comes down with two bowls of cereal. "Here you go guys. And I'll get Preston some pockey." She says. I look at Preston confused. "Pockey always makes me feel better when I'm sick." He explains. I nod. "Oh ok." She comes down, hands it to me, then runs up. We eat in silence and then place our empty bowls down on the dresser near the trampoline. Not long after Mama Preston walks down, dressed up and ready for work. "Good morning darlings. I hope you feel better Preston." She says and kisses Preston, who smiles in return. "Thanks Mom. Have a great day at work. Don't kill anyone." He says in a raspy voice to sound sick. "No promises." She giggles and walks back up the steps. As soon as we hear the front door close Preston rolls over and straddles my waist. "Let's continue what we started yesterday." He says in a seductive voice. I smirk and take off my shirt. He takes off his and we start making out. We start to grind against each other and kiss passionately. My hands roam all over his body and find their way to his ass. I squeeze it really hard. "Oh Rob." He moans lightly. I continue to grope his ass and use my advantage to grind against him more. He sits up a bit and start kissing from my lips to my jaw, lingering on my jaw for a bit before traveling down my neck to my collar bone. He stops there and bites down lightly. I moan. I begin to pull off his boxers and don't hear footsteps down the stairs. "Hey Preston do you happen to have-Oh God." Mitch says. We quickly part and Preston covers himself with a pillow. "M-Mitch?! I thought you went to school?!" Preston says nervously. I just grumble in frustration. Mitch looks down. "I can't bring myself to go to school and have people ask where Jerome is..." He mutters. I frown and look at him closer. The bags under his eyes were dark as if he'd been awake for weeks. His face was red from either crying or walking into us doing this. His hands were wrapped up, probably thanks to Ben. "I-I just wanted to know if you had asprin." Mitch mutters. He must have a headache from crying. "Oh. Yeah. Let me get dressed and I'll be right up." Preston says. Mitch nods and runs up the steps. Preston sighs and gets dressed. "Maybe God wants us to wait." He says and chuckles. I frown. "Yeah. Probably." I say. He goes upstairs and I go to the bathroom to take care of myself.