Pink Pens and Purple Notepads

"Shopping for school supplies" said a smiling Lorelai Gilmore as she walks arm in arm with her youngest daughter Tina towards the stationary shop walking just behind her other daughter Rory "party."

"Nobody demanded that you come" came the reply from Rory as she smiled happy at her mum and sister, the stationary shop was like heaven to Rory.

"Are you kidding? How of ten do you get to do things like this? I was thinking, while we're going crazy, we should get some toilet paper and a plunger next."

"Yeah we need her you know how distracting pink sparkly things are for me" earning a fake comforting look from her mum while Rory just shook her head.

"I'll just do this later." frowned Rory while looking back down at her list.

"No Rory I have things to do later and it will be easy to do now" pleated Tina using puppy dog eyes.

"No, I'm teasing. Come on, get that list of yours." smirks Lorehai

"We need legal pads, tons of pens actually make it millions Tina loses so many pens" earning a look of mock hurt look from her sister "It's not my fault they leave me for happier home"

Shaking her head Rory continues with her list "some number 2 pencils, three highlights, an eraser a staple remover and a folder" While her mum and Rory talk about if 3 highlights are needed Tina finds the most perfect pens she has ever seen in her life. Grabbing 5 sparkly pens each with feather pom pom things on top and makes her way over to the legal pad selection

"Alright. Ooh, hey, legal pads." perking Tina interest as she see's purple paper that will go perfect with her new pens. "Oh, purple for me please"

"No. Those are purple."

"Yes, purple is festive." gaining a high five from Tina as she grabs some purple legal pads and places them into her basket.

"I can't have purple"

"Yes we can" stated Tina

"they're on sale." then looking to Tina "and that's why your my favorite child"

"I'm going to a serious school now, I need serious paper and I know I can't change Tina's mind but this is serious"

"Paper's paper if your sister has it you can have it"

"Not at Chilton and Tina is the kind of girl that can get way with purple paper I can't"

Finally giving in Lorelai adds the plain legal pads to the basket"Alright, fine. Here is your serious paper, Ooh and here are you somber highlighters, your maudlin pencils, your manic-depressive pens."

"Mom"

"Now these erasers are on lithium so they may seem cheerful but we actually caught them trying to shove themselves in the pencil sharpener earlier."

Looking at the other two Gilmore's Rory gives in "I'm going home now."

"No wait!" Tina yells at Rory as she starts walking away.

" We're going to stage an intervention with the neon post-its and make them give up their wacky crazy ways." adds her mother as she starts chasing after Rory

"You're never coming shopping with me again."

"Ooh here's a card tray"

"Oh look they have matching sparkly pencils mum" adds an excited Tina, who knew school supply shopping could be so fun.

XOXOXOXO