10. She's Here

(Greyson's POV)

The next few hours is just about me and Night travelling to Virginia, USA, where we're supposed to find Clara and the rest of the human captives.

We have to replace the police car once we reach the borders of Peru to avoid suspicions from other people.

It's not that reassuring to know that our destination is really a Mogadorian base. But I have a strong instinct that it is. Like I said, sometimes, human claims have some patches of truths in there.

I continue driving north, hoping we'll reach Virginia soon enough.

Long distance travelling sometimes remind of my voyage. I've been alone in there, with my chimaera. Right now, I'm alone again with her. But at least, seeing Night also reminds of Clara. She's the one who gave me the cat, and she's the one who gave her a name. Until I realized she was actually a chimaera. Coincidence or not, everything went just fine for me.

Night jumps in to my lap and purrs silently until she fell asleep. I don't know if all chimaeras just love sleeping, or it's only Night since she's in a form of a cat.

Soon, I reached Virginia. I follow the directions from the news, so I need to find where I can see a massive cave. When Fifteen, our Mog ally Rex and I went to Philippines' Mogadorian base, it was underground. But we found our way out from a building attached to a mountain.

If I would be Mogadorian, I'll build my base in a deserted place. Far from human civilization. And that place would not be much far from here. I have to find it.

My adrenaline rush. I can't calm down as soon as I see a massive cave stretching from east of Virginia and further. Sure enough, a building made of metal is attached beside the cave. Dozen of trucks are being shipped inside. Two or three dark figures are making their way to assist on carrying freights. The other trucks shake as if something bigger is placed inside. Pikens probably.

I park behind a bush where I think I'm invisible, then turn off the car's engine. I use my binocular vision to watch what's happening.

"...deliver inside," a raspy voice says to anothrr Mog. Then his next few lines are in Mogadorian tongue.

"If Rex is here, I'd know how to get in easily," I mutter.

Night meowed in response, followed by a hiss, revealing her sharp teeth. Then two meows with different pitch levels. What does she mean?

Behind me, I could hear voices talking louder and louder. I quickly slip down to my car's flooring to hide. Until the coversations stop. I peek in on the sideview mirror and I merely jump to see a Mog staring blank the car. At me.

"Wait..." He says to his mate.

I could hear he's walking nearer and nearer. My heart pumps vastly. I'm not yet prepared. But I ready my telekinetic force in case he attack. When suddenly,firings blasted in the distance, near the cave.

"Come on!" The other Mog says and then they're gone. Phew!

I check in again for Mogs nearby. None.

So I go out and run as fast as I can. Night runs behind me.

The firings continue. Someone must be in here. I need to go down this hill and try to find my way to get in.

The Mogadorians get inside the base, so no one's on guard anymore. Night and I swiftly get inside the cave and hide behind walls in case someone is roaming. The last time I got inside another Mog base is when I try to retrieve my Chest. The place is very much similar to that base's structure. The stairs. The rooms. The cells. The cages for monsters. The river of green acid running in pipes above my head.

"That means, human cages are just..." I say to myself, scanning the surrounding.

I can see a large land bridge towards the other side. When I look up, there are cages. Cells.

"There," I tell Night. A Mog suddenly appear out of nowhere and walk pass me. I pin myself at the wall so he won't see me. When I feel he's already gone, I begin running across the bridge to the other side. I can hear creatures, gnarling, shrieking, andother noises they make. It's kind of scary down there. But above me were the cells.

I went up and scan the cells. The moment the humans see me, they start calling me.

"Help us! Get us out of here! Save ussss!" The humans reach out for me but I can't help them. I don't know how! I realized, they are all teenagers.

The news. It's them! Perhaps, maybe I can do somethig. They're not that many. They are only jailed in pairs.

But where's Clara?

The firings continue again. Everyone dock as if we're the target.

"Guys, just calm down! If you make too much noise, the Moge might hear us!" I tell them as they turn quiet. I look at Night. "Night, help me out and free them."

"Are you gonna get us out?" A girl ask from a cell.

I nod. "Yes, but you need to cooperate with me. Once you're out, just, follow behind me."

The captives mid in agreement. Some cried. Some laughed. Some are still blank and remain motionless. I try to scan and look for ablondne-haired girl. Until I reach the furthest cell. A girl turn around, her face is ashen and bruised. But once she saw me, she nearly cried. "Greyson!"

"Clara?" I freeze for a moment. I just can't believe... she's here.