2:3

PART TWO: RECEIVING
"little miss perfect is getting extra credit
by auditioning to be a star member in the elite cheerleading team."

THIRD PERSON -

Josh walked into school the next day, going over to his locker as he opened it up, grabbing his books for his first two periods, history and science, he started walking to his history block first, getting their early so he can have some time alone.

He opened the yellow doors, revealing history block, where all classes of history took place, he walked to class number four, his favourite number, being born on the fourth. He opened the doors, sitting at the back of the classroom, taking out his sketch book and his pencils, sketching a light image of a sloth, an animal he was obsessed with, but didn't have a clear explanation as to why.

He kept drawing, until the bell rung and he hid it away, waiting for everyone to arrive, and to learn about ancient polynesia, a topic he was genuinely interested about.

The class didn't have her in it though, so suddenly, the teachers words became a blur, just focusing on the girl he wanted to see so badly, wanted to talk to so desperately, but couldn't contact.

He found himself walking to his science class, not even hearing the bell, but following the crowd of people that had vanished from their seats, as he was walking, he found himself near the gym, he peered in, seeing her with all the other girls, he was intrigued, opening up the door, no boys were in here, just the girls and the female coach.

"You have to show your worth of you want to be in the cheerleading squad," a voice coming from a small girl named Katie, one of the most popular girls in school due to her pretty looks and her relationship with football player Harry Lewis, a love story that had gone on for ever.

Katie had moved in at the start of secondary school, Harry joining a year later, convincing his family to leave so he could spend some more time with his girl, slightly cringed but overall cute, a sign of dedication.

"I can do just that," she says confidently, tying her blonde hair into a tight ponytail, she sets herself up, stretching our her legs before doing a round off and then a back flip so effortlessly, she spins around, then grabs her leg and puts it high in the air, her leg vertical as she does a jump in the air. Her hair flicking around behind her as she dips the top part of her body, before doing a sassy clap, coming back up.

Josh didn't know the correct terminology, but he was fascinated at how the girl seemed to do it with ease, looking so I'm place and so calm while doing it, like how Josh felt when he was doing art. He imaged what it would be like to paint her while she was dancing, the brush strokes loose like her limbs as she dances around the gym floor, happy to be moving.

He takes our his phone as he starts to take photos of her, trying to remember her positioning if he ever got to paint her, he made sure it was all clear, being able to see every last strand of hair flicking about.

"Hey, what are you doing here!" The female coach, miss Biggs yells, he snaps out of his trance, and the loud voice of miss gathers the attention of the rest of the team, including the new comer, Freya herself, she gives him a glance, pulling down her shorts that had ridden up slightly and walking into the change rooms.

Josh darts before miss chases him, running all the way to science block, arriving a few minutes late, which wasn't a surprise as much now. He settled into his seat in the middle, near the window, outlooking the trees and benches outside, his eyes peering over to where the gym stood, no sight of the girls.

Was this even about the painting anymore, of did he have a big crush?