3

~Above is Malaki~

*Malakis POV*

Jessie follows me, but walking through the woods she fell. A lot. She was exhausted, this was probably the most physical activity she has done in all of her years in captivity. She fell again, so I pick her up.

"Thank you Malaki" she mumbles out and falls asleep in my arms. She sleeps so peacefully. Her chest rising and falling in my arms, her beautiful eyes closed, her long gorgeous hair falling beneath her- No. I can't do this. I can't fall in love with her. I have to reject her. Max whimpers as I think this. She has been through so much and now her mate, the one who is to always love and protect her, will reject her. For the good of everyone this is what needs to be done.

~At the pack house~

"Malaki!!!"

"Mother! Be quiet!"

My mother comes running out of the house. I fear she will wake up Jessie.

"Sorry Malaki. I just worried. Who is this?"

"A friend" I reply. I hope she does not find out that Jessie is my mate

"Malaki! Is this your mate!?"

Well. No hiding it now "yes Mom. It is my mate, I rescued her today. She has been rejected by her family and been in captivity for 12 years" I say before she can start asking me a bunch of questions. Hopefully now she will be quiet and let Jessie sleep.

Mother starts to cry a little. She knows that I'm going to reject Jessie, and she will probably try to talk me out of it.

"Malaki?"

Jessies soft voice is like music to my ears.

"Yes Jessie?"

"Where are we?"

Just then my beta (second in command), Connor, comes running up.

"Sir! A rogue has been detected inside the territory!"

At the word rogue Jessie flinches. She cowers behind me.

"Connor, all is okay. I brought her here with me"

"Sir, you usually kill all rogues. My I question why—" Well. Now Connor realizes why Jessie is here "She is your mate!"

"Yes!!!" My mother yells, "but he still wants to reject her. The poor girl has been through a terrible amount. I will skin him is he rejets her!"

Oh no. Now Jessie knows.

~Jessies POV~

"Yes!!!" This woman, Malakies mother yells, "but he still wants to reject her. The poor girl has been through a terrible amount. I will skin him if he rejets her!"

My heart breaks. He is going to reject me. My mate, my lover, my provider, my strength, my support, is going to reject me. I see Malaki give his Mom a glare, and tears start to prick my eyes. Maddie howls and whimpers.

As the tears start to stain my cheeks, I push Malaki as hard as I can and I run. I have never ran faster but now my legs are moving at a crazy speed.

I hear a couple howls behind me and I know that some of them will be chasing me. I decide to climb up a tree, and I use the leaves and branches to cover myself. Hopefully wolves can't climb trees.

I see a wolf run underneath me. Yes! It works!

Or so I thought. Right then Max runs underneath the tree, but then comes back and stops underneath it. He then shifts back into Malaki.

"Jessie! Jessie I know you're up there! Please come down"

"No! I don't want to see you! What's the point of knowing somebody who will just hurt them and reject them! There is no point! Get lost Malaki!"

I'm shocked by my words, I have never had such confidence. But I mean everything I say.

I look down and see him punch the tree in frustration. Then his Mother catches up to him and gives him a pair of underwear and shorts. He puts them on and then starts to climb the tree. I let out a deep growl, so he knows to go away, but he still comes. Once he reaches me I start to kick him, hoping he will fall. I know it wouldn't hurt him bad, but bad enough to let me escape.

He grabs my leg as I try to kick him, and pulls me off the branch. I start to fall but he catches my hand.

"Let me go Malaki! Or better yet, since I'm just a rogue, why not you kill me! I'm just like any other rogue, mate or not. Ill just be rejected anyways!! Today, when I was calling for help, I wasn't wanting help, I wanted him to kill me because my life was horrible. Then I was saved by my mate, but he is just going to reject me anyway! So why not you just finish Danny's job and freaking kill me!!!!!!!!!!"

Tears are pouring down my face, and I see the hurt and anger in Malakis eyes.

He lets my hand go, and I land on my feet, and his Mom supports me. I can see that everyone is dumbfounded, so I take my chance and run again, but his beta grabs my arm before I can get anywhere.

"Lock her up" I hear Malaki say.

He is treating me like any other rogue. Maybe he will kill me and my misery will be over.

Then I feel a pain in the back of my head, and my world goes dark.

~Malakis POV~
I see my beta, Connor, punch Jessie.

"What are you doing?! Connor don't punch her!" He punched my mate.

"I'm about to take her to the cells. I'm following usual protocol"

"This is my mate still, even if I am to reject her" I bark at him.

"My apologies Alpha Malaki. I'll put her in the cell right away."

As he leaves with Jessie I look at my Mother. She has a tear in her eye.

"Malaki, I think you are a great alpha, but I am very disappointed you still plan to reject her. Hasn't she been through enough?!"

"A mate will make me weak!"

"She will be the Luna! A helper, a pack strengthener not a weakener!I was a Luna, and did I make the pack weaker? If I didn't than neither will she!"

"Have you seen her! She is pathetic!" Max growls at me as I say this about our mate.

"We can train her" she says very sternly "and she is already very strong, going through what she has been through. And she will get stronger with freedom, and the use of her wolf!"

She then hits me lightly in the back of the head, and walks back to the pack house.

I don't know what to do.

————————————————————

What do you think Malaki should do?

What will happen to Jessie?

Thanks for reading!