24

Chapter 24

*Jessies POV*

Light. All I see is light. It's blinding.

I also feel pain. A lot of it.

Am I dead?

Is this what death feels like?

A faint voice pulls me out of my trance.

"Jessie? Jessie! Guys she's waking up!"

It's Malaki.

I open my eyes but have to squint because I'm sensitive to the light.

"Malaki?" My voice sounds like crap.

"Jessie! You're awake!"

"I'm not dead?" I honestly thought I was going to die. Then again, maybe I am and this is just a dream.

"No! You were stabbed and lost a lot of blood. That and the combination of losing Maddie and all that you've been through made you lose consciousness, but it wasn't enough to kill you, because the knife missed all vital organs! It's miraculous that Connor missed with the knife but he did. I'll take it!" He was smiling.

But when he mentioned Maddie, the emptiness washed through me again. Maddie was gone. I'm alive but she's dead. I didn't know that was possible, but then again I also didn't know my wolf could be separated from me.

"Maddies gone," is all I could say.

All I can feel was absolute desperation.

Just then, my sister and brother ran into the room.

"Jessie!" They both screamed. I could not smell them when they came in because I don't have Maddie, and my senses are like any other human. I guess now I am like any other human. I'm nothing special without my wolf.

"Jessie?" Jacks voice pulls me out of my thoughts.

"I feel so empty, I feel like I can't breathe without Maddie. Malaki you didn't want me before I lost Maddie, but now without my wolf I'm sure you really don't want me. I'm nothing special, never have been. But now, I'm even less" tears stream down my face.

"Don't ever say that. I missed you so much when you were gone, I can't imagine living my life without you. I want to accept you, and give you the Luna position. The pack needs a Luna, and I need my Luna, you. Wolf or no wolf," he takes a deep breath "because I love you. I love you Jessie."

I'm stunned by his words. He loves me?   I start crying even harder. I didn't think it was possible. I didn't think he would ever love me, but now he is admitting it and I was sober the moon. I realized that I love him too, and maybe I'll be okay without Maddie if I have Malaki and my family by my side. I know it will take time to get over her death, and I doubt I will ever fully recover, or ever be happy, but I'll be okay.

_—_—_—_—_—

It's been a week since I've gotten out of the hospital and two weeks since Maddies death. I was unconscious for 3 days and in hospital for another 4.

Malaki is about to mark me.

"You are sure you're ready?" He asks me nervously. 

"100% sure. Are you?"

"Of coarse," and he wastes no time.

His teeth turn to canines and he sinks them in to my shoulder. At first it's a sharp pain but then a pleasure that I've never felt before courses over me. It's amazing. Then something else starts to happen.

I feel pain again, it's like something is digging its way inside me.

I cry out and collapse to the floor.

"Jessie?! Jessie what's wrong!"

"Somethings... happening!" I gasp out. Screaming at the end.

Then all of a sudden the pain stops, and my feeling of emptiness is gone.

Did you miss me?

A voice pops into my head.

It's Maddie.

"It's Maddie! Maddies inside me again!! Your mark must have revived her or something!" I start crying. I don't have to live without my best friend. Maddies alive and so is everyone I love.

_—_—_—_—_—

*two months later, Jessie is officially the Luna and Jack has taken the Beta position*

Ella is holding my hair back as I throw up into the toilet.

"You've got to talk to Malaki, Jessie! He deserves to know!"

"We never talked about this" I say, standing up. "He might be super upset"

"You still need to tell him"

"I guess you're right, Ella. I'll go right now"

I walk up to Malakis office and knock on the door.

"Come in," he mutters through the closed door.

"Malaki I have something I need to tell you," I hesitate.

"What is it, love? Are you okay?" He stands up and gives me a hug.

"I'm okay, it's just that..."

"What?"

"Malaki, I'm pregnant"

"What?! He yells out.

"Malaki please don't be upset, I-" he cuts me off with a big hug.

"I'm not upset, in fact I'm extremely happy! I'm gonna be a Dad soon!" I'm so relieved. Malakis happy.

"Does anyone else know?"

"Only Ella does. And that's just because she's noticed I've been sick lately and she figured it out herself"

"You've been sick, and haven't told me? I'm so sorry my love!" He hugs me again.

"It's okay Malaki, I kept it hidden"

"We gotta tell everyone! I'll make an announcement!"

And so that's what we did.

Hand in hand, we made an announcement to my family, and then to the pack. Our pack. With Malaki holding my hand, Maddie howling in excitement in my head, and my growing baby in my stomach, I knew that from now on, my life would be better. I would be happy, and have a family, and be loved for the vey first time in my life.

_—_—_—_—_—

Sooo that's it! That's the end of the book Rejected Again

It hasn't had a lot of reads so far, but I hope that it will. I will write and epilogue.

I want thoughts, on what you guys thought of the book, but please don't be mean, just be constructive. Thank you to my (hopefully) future readers! I love you guys!