Chapter Three

After deleting the post, you would have thought that it would have been over, but no. In fact on Monday, that was all people were talking about, and Francine Carr's pregnancy. 

    "Ugh! Daniel, I could die!" I wailed, slumped against my locker. All day, I had been getting harassed by every single guy and a few bitchy girls, but mostly guys of every kind.

"Don't die a virgin!" He smirked.

"Ha ha ha, very funny." I crossed my arms over my chest, when I noticed a few freshmen trying to get a glimpse at my boobs.  I gave them the finger, before walking down to the cafeteria with Daniel.

"What can I say, I'm a natural born comedian!" He said.

I flashed a small smile before entering the cafeteria. Where I knew, everyone was buzzing about me.

   As soon as we joined the line, it got quiet, the oh my gosh look at her quiet. Everyone watched us, but I knew they were watching me. I could hear their whispers and the rumors that were spreading around like wildfire. Waltzing calmly through the line, I walked with Daniel to our normal table, with everyone still watching.

"Gosh, I feel like Katniss!" I muttered to Daniel.

"In which part?" He asked, placing his butt on the chair very slowly.  He looked like he loved the rapt attention that everyone was giving us.

"You know the part wher-" I never finished, as the school's happiness junkie skipped over to us.

"Heeeey! Jess! Daniel!" Mallory Brooks( co-captain of the cheer team and the queen of gossip) exclaimed, as she sat next to me, engulfing me in her cupcakey scent.

"Hi." I said lamely, she was so bright and perky, that I felt tired in her presence.

"Soooo, I heard that you put an ad online! Is that true!" She clapped her hands, "Was it just for fun or are you really that desperate? Everyone is saying that you are desperate, but I don't think so...unless you really are then everyone is right. But you aren't, right?"

I glance at Daniel, unsure of how to respond. The amount of questions she had just tossed at me were one too many. "Um...it wa-"

"Mallory, can u stop talking to that wannabe and come here! Fran needs you!" Zoe Garber hissed, shooting a glare at me.

"I have to know!" Mallory turned to me expectantly, wanting me to spill my deepest darkest secrets to her so she could tell everyone else. "So?"

"Um..." I looked down at the linoleum table. "It was....um..."

"It was just a joke." Daniel butted in, shooting a wink in my direction.I gave him a grateful smile.

"Why would you joke like that?" She asked, her eyebrows furrowed. I guess that she wasn't as stupid or as dense as we had thought.

"I-I didn't,..." I stammered, trying to find a way to get out of the hole I'd dug myself in. I glanced at Daniel, waiting for him to rescue me. He shook his head, I was done for.

"Mallory! Get over here!" Zoe demanded again. Saving my ass. I was about to shoot her a grateful smile when she glared at me. I had after all forgotten the number one rule here; don't look at the queen unless she summons you, and I most definitely was not summoned.

Mallory glanced at me again before reluctantly going back to her friends.

"Phew." I muttered, looking down at my lunch, I decided I wasn't hungry anymore and pushed it away.

"Damn, if I had known that everyone in our school went on findyourmatch.com, I definitely wouldn't have posted it there." Daniel commented.

I merely nodded, how long would this last? What were people saying about me? How could I murder someone and make it seem like an accident?

"Look, Jess, everyone will forget about it in a week or two." Daniel said.

"I hope so." I mumbled. I sure as hell hoped so.