Chapter Four

AN - Now I know this story is quite slow but I'm not a very good writer and the story line does pick up, I'm really pleased with the story-line i have planned, just please bear with me and carry on reading!! :D

Grace’s POV

This can’t be happening. Louis Tomlinson did not just give me his number.

I check the folded napkin to make sure I’m not hallucinating.

Nope!

The number is there, in scrawly handwriting with his signature smiley face at the end.

~-~

I’m walking to my best friend in the whole world’s house – Henrietta.

I have known her since we were ten and I love her to bits, we tell each other everything and I have to tell her about Louis. Henri - unlike me – is a massive One Direction fan, so I can’t wait to see her reaction, I just hope she can stop screaming for a second so I can have her advice, I think I might like Louis, but he’s famous…

*knock knock knock*

 “Hey Grace!” Henri cried throwing her arms round my neck, “It’s been too long!”

“I know! I haven’t seen you since finishing college!” I exclaimed, we both finished college two weeks ago and for us that’s a long time not to see each other.

“Well come in hun!” She added, leading the way upstairs into her bedroom, even though after nine years I know the way.

As we both tucked our legs under ourselves on her bed I said, “Well something interesting happened to me today!”

Henri looked at me expectantly, “Yeah?”

“I uh, got a guys number.” I started.

Henri raised her eyebrows, “Is that it? I mean, no offense Grace, but getting a boys number was big news in year 8, when we were thirteen, not now we’re nineteen…”

“I know, but this boy is different.”

“Aww is my little Gracie in love?” Henri teased.

“The boy’s called Louis.” I added, wanting to see her try to guess.

“Louis Gregory?” Henri guessed.

“Nope.” I said, popping the ‘p’

“Do I know him?” She asked.

“Sort of…” I said, looking at the 1D posters she has by her bed, “It’s Louis Tomlinson.”

Henri just looked at me.

In silence.

Not blinking.

Didn’t look like she was breathing either…

Shit, is she ok?

“Henri? Are you ok?” I said slowly.

“PAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Hilarious Grace! Woo-hoo! You had me going there! I thought you’d actually met a boy! Haha! Louis Tomlinson, good one!” Henri laughed hysterically, pointing at me like a lunatic.

“Um… Henri, I’m not joking.” I said awkwardly.

She looked at me again, eyes wide.

“You seriously have Hewy’s number?” She whispered, flicking her brown hair out of her eyes.

“Hewy… Seriously…” I teased.

“God Grace you know nothing!” Henrietta laughed.

“But yeah, I have his number.” I answered her question from before.

Niall’s POV

“Hey guys, how long till we’re back at the flat? I’m starving!” I exclaimed.

“What the actual hell Niall!? You had so much food, like half an hour ago!” Harry exclaimed.

Liam put his arm round my shoulders, “It’s alright mate, I’ve got supplies.” He got a packet of Doritos from a plastic bag on the floor.

“YEAH BUDDY! LIAM YOU BABE!” I cried, he knows me so well…

Once I was happily munching away on Doritos – which BTW were amazing! – Zayn said to Louis, “So do you think Grace is going to call you?”

“Of course she is! He’s in One Direction!” Harry exclaimed.

“Yeah but, she doesn’t seem like the type to be persuaded by fame, you know? She seems genuine.” Liam pointed out.

“I hope she’ll call, that’s it. It would be kind of embarrassing if she threw the number away!” Louis laughed, but you could tell he kept wanting to check his phone to see if he had any missed calls.

Paul’s head snapped round from the driver’s seat, “She better rip the number up!” he said, still concentrating on the road.

“Paul! That’s mean!” Louis exclaimed.

“No, I mean if she bins it, she better rip it up so the number doesn’t get out!” Paul reassured him “Anyway, how are you sure she won’t tweet it or something?”

“Because she seems nice!” Zayn stuck up for Louis.

“But every girl would want to be the one who ‘has Louis Tomlinson’s number’, she could so easily spread.” Paul pointed out.

“Can’t you just trust my judgment Paul? I don’t think she’s one of those types. I just… After Eleanor, I wanted someone grounded - someone normal. You know? Just give me a chance to get to know her.” Louis pleaded.

“I’m just worried about your safety mate, of course you can get to know her, you deserve to be happy.” Paul smiled, remembering the pain he could read in Louis’ eyes after the break-up between him and Eleanor.

Louis grinned, “Thanks mate.”

AN - Sorry nothing happened here, this is just basically a filler chapter, but vote, comment, fan if you want!! it means a lot! <3