Chapter Fourteen

China was first.

I was fluent in Chinese, naturally, but it was my first time speaking it out loud. The experience was much like D.C; guards surrounded us, we “surrendered”, and then we got to speak to China’s communist leader, Ho Mein Li. There was some arguing but we finally convinced him to consider the treaty.

The U.K was next. The guards wouldn’t even let us see the King or Queen. I wasn’t sure who was in power anymore, obviously. I giggled at their accents and Reven glared at me to stop. We ended up just teleporting to the room they were in, which was an office of some sort. Both a man and a woman were in here. Reven quickly whispered that the man was the King and the woman was the Prime Minister.

They jumped back when they saw us and the woman opened her mouth to scream.

“Wait! Please! We aren’t here to hurt you, I swear. The guards wouldn’t let us in so sorry for the breaking and entering.” I let my sincerity travel to my eyes for them to see. “We want a treaty.”

“We were actually just discussing that. America and China informed us. We have deemed it wise to accept.”

I shot Reven a “that was easy” look and turned back to the most important people in England. “The official treaty is being written as we speak. We will be back later today. You should talk it over with the rest of your country’s leaders.”

“Very well.”

I spoke to Reven in Angellican. “Can you take me back to the tribe in Africa? The one by your house. Is it still there?”

“Yes.”

“But first, I want to see the treaty.”

Reven took me to wherever Zella and Marion were. I couldn’t tell because we were in a windowless room.

“We just finished.” They announced. I read it over when Marion handed it to me, using my extreme speed reading skills.

“This is perfect. Thank you Marion… And Zella.” I kissed Marion on both cheeks, the way the French do. I nodded at Zella. I don’t think we were on that good of terms yet. The air around the angels and I had changed, almost like I was finally being respected.

“Everyone has to sign. And I feel like you should have the honor of being the first.” She pointed all the bottom of the paper. I took a minute to admire her old fashioned handwriting. She handed me a pen and I signed it swiftly, passing it to Reven. One by one, every angel appeared and signed it. Reven wrapped his arm around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder affectionately. After each angel signed, I said thank you and truly meant it.

I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. The weight of the entire world had been crushing me since the age of sixteen and now it’s turned to dust and was shaken off. This was what I wanted. Peace. In a few hours.

“Africa?” Reven reminded me. I nodded and we arrived in Africa.

I ran into the village, Reven letting me go by myself. To the first person I saw, I asked in Swahili, “does Madaha still live here?” They nodded and took me by the hand.

“Madaha!” They called.

An elderly woman answered their call. When she saw me, she pressed her hand to her chest as her eyes widened in shock. “Aimee?”

“Madaha?”

She smiled and nodded. I raced forward and gave her a gentle hug. “I was beginning to think you’d never come back.”

I chuckled. “Sorry it took so long.” I paused. “Rabia?”

“She has passed away, I’m afraid.”