Chapter Twenty-Three

-Aimee, Earth-

Meetings with the other angels were always so boring. I played with my nails, changing the designs over and over again while they talked about the human governments, economy, agriculture, population, and other things like that. Bla, blah, blah. I started humming a catchy song that was stuck in my head.

“Aimee, be quiet. Pay attention.” My father scolded.

“Why are these always so boring? You guys were much more interesting when you killed people.” I complained.

“I swear… I hate her more now than when she was half human.” Zella muttered.

“Care to say that again?” I stood up fast, knocking my chair over. The boom echoed throughout the stone room. I personally think they should redecorate this old Scottish castle.

Zella stood up too, just not as fast. “Yeah, actually. I hate you more --”

“Zella, enough!” Michael yelled.

Hope snickered and Amelia glared at her, while the Cherubim sat back in their chairs with grins plastered across their faces.

“Do you two think something is funny?” I directed at Uriel and Raphael.

“Aimee…” Michael warned.

“What are you going to do about it?” No one said anything. “I can’t believe you’d rather be doing this than --”

“Stop, Aimee!”

“-- Regaining your wings and full power in Heaven.” I finished. The silence was so thick, I could almost feel it with my fingertips. “What? Reven didn’t tell you? I was sent back to get all of you. God’s orders. Anyways, I’m leaving to go party or something. Any objections? No? Ciao, then.” I arrived at an illegal rave in Tokyo.

I had a knack for finding good parties. The Japanese screamed my name “Aimee, Aimee, Aimee!” I loved how open the humans were at raves. You know, clothing optional. I also loved the electronic music, crazy dance moves, and mesmerizing light shows. Of course, the humans’ auras made a private light show just for me. I put my hair up in a bun and changed my clothes into leather boots, fishnet stockings that rose up to the middle of my thighs and fastened with garters, a black tutu mini skirt, and a red corset top that laced up the back.

Then, in Japanese, the DJ announced, “The world’s hardest, craziest partier is now here. Put your hands up for Aimee!” The noise was deafening. I melted into the hoards of people. Laser lights changed my skin tone into different hues.

All the pulsing bodies rubbing up against me, the hypnotic sounds, was as close to a high as I was ever going to get. On multiple occasions, hands groped my body. I didn’t care. I was free to do as I pleased. No one could hurt me, no one could stop me.

Cocking my head, I felt a tear and I knew Hope was coming. With practice, I had learned how to detect which of the fallen were teleporting. Hope appeared beside me. In the past year since I’ve returned, she and I had grown close enough for us to be considered friends. She chuckled when she saw me.

“We’re supposed to be politicians. This isn’t helping the image.” She raised her red eyebrows at me, but her dark eyes shined as she said, “But you always do find the best parties.”

“It’s a talent.”

“What would Reven do if he saw you now? He already knows, but Aimee…” She continued on, saying, “He still loves you, whether you’ve changed or not. At least put a shirt on. Don’t hurt him more than you already have.”

“You’re no fun.” Another red corset covered me up. “But you’re right.” I kissed her cheek, inhaling her scent that smelled faintly like roses and clovers.