BraveHeart's Plan

BraveHeart's P.O.V

"Don't kill me!" I yelled. As soon as I realized that I was awake, I hopped out of bed. I pressed my hand against my neck. There was no blood. "Phew! It was just a nightmare!" I sighed with relief. I looked out my bedroom window. It was night time. "I slept through the whole day?!" I asked myself. I heard knocking at my door.

"BraveHeart, let me in!" It was DarkAngel, or at least he thought it was. After that nightmare, I was not taking any chances!

"How do I know if your the real DarkAngel?" I asked.

"BraveHeart! Let me in or I will punch you in the face twenty-seven times!" DarkAngel replied.

I rolled my eyes. Yup...that's DarkAngel, alright. "Okay! Okay! Come in!" I sighed. I unlocked my door to let DarkAngel in. She punched me in the arm.

"BraveHeart, we still can't find Crystal." DarkAngel said.

"DarkAngel, I don't know how to tell you this, bu-" I looked at my sad friend. I knew had no choice but to tell her. "I know where Crystal and Mario are..."

DarkAngel looked at me, wide-eyed. "You do, well, where are they?!"

"Their at the hospital...as hostages." I replied.

DarkAngel's smile quickly turned into a frown. "What do you mean as 'hostages'?"

"Turns out that Dr. Mario has been kidnapping people and...infecting them." I replied.

DarkAngel looked worried. "Do you know if Mario and Crystal are infected?!"

I shook my head. "I don't know, but we need to save them!"

DarkAngel nodded. "I agree, but...what are we going to tell poor Luigi?"

"I...don't know." I replied. Luigi was still heartbroken. Luigi gets very depressed and scared when Mario is missing. "We need to tell him, we have no choice, but it's the middle of the night and he's asleep. So we'll tell him in the morning." I said. I started to cry as I heard Crystal's voice in my head.

"Don't worry..." DarkAngel said, awkwardly hugging me. "...We'll find them."

It was nine-twenty in the morning. It was rainy and miserable once again. The air smelled good though, and the rain actually sounds quite relaxing and peaceful. Crystal would've loved this. I and DarkAngel sat on my bed. There was paper all over the floor. Writing a letter for a sensitive person is very hard! But Luigi was one of my best friends, so it was worth it.

"Think BraveHeart, think!" I told myself.

"How about, please, meet us at eleven-thirty..." DarkAngel paused. "...Location...I don't know?" I started thinking for a little bit while chewing my pencil. After thirteen minutes of silence, I finally started writing the rest of the note, DarkAngel watched me over my shoulder.

"How's this?" I asked her. DarkAngel read the letter. She shrugged and nodded.

"Good enough." DarkAngel replied. I went to the Mario Brothers' door and slid the under letter under the door.

Dear Luigi,

Please meet us downstairs at eleven-thirty, we know you're going through a rough time, but we need to talk.

From, DarkAngel and BraveHeart

It turned eleven-thirty and Luigi came downstairs. Luigi's had bags under his eyes from crying, he looked kinda pale even. I felt bad for him. "What do you two need?" Luigi asked.

I cleared my throat. How do I tell him this? "...We found your brother, bu-"

"You found Mario, where is he?!" Luigi replied with joy.

"Luigi, please sit down." DarkAngel said, calmly. Luigi sat down, but he could hardly sit still. I wanted to tell him, but I couldn't. I couldn't break myself to tell him what happened...heh...I should've been called WeakHeart. I looked at DarkAngel.

"Help me..." I whispered to her.

"You're on your own in telling him this!" DarkAngel quietly spat.

"Why can't you do it? You usually tell people the cold, hard truth, even if it does hurt! Do it!" I hissed.

"Do. Not. Tell. Me. What. To. Do. Brave. Heart." DarkAngel hissed back, giving me a death glare. ! sighed.

"Fine," I grunted. "Luigi...do you remember Dr. Mario?"

Luigi looked confused for a moment. "The clone from my brother's medical side...yeah! Why?"

"Dr. Mario kidnapped Mario...and he...infected him." I replied.

Luigi's smile quickly faded. "What! No! Why?!" Luigi asked. DarkAngel clapped her hands together to get Luigi's attention. Luigi jumped.

"I have an antidote." DarkAngel said, holding a bottle full of pink liquid.

"It looks disgusting..." I said.

"Shut up." DarkAngel said. "Do you want Crystal to get better, or allow her to suffer?"

"I want her to get better..." I sighed.

Luigi took a breath of relief. "Thank goodness that you made an antidote! What are you two waiting for, let's go save them!"

I shook my head. "No, no, no, not yet! Dr. Mario wants to infect you too, so we need a plan!"

"How do you know?" Luigi asked.

"...I just know..." I replied. Don't ask me how I know...because I honestly don't know. I just have that gut feeling. Ya know what I'm saying?

"Yeah, we want to save them as much as you do, but we need to make sure you're safe as well." DarkAngel said.

"Okay, I understand." Luigi said. "Hey wait a minute! I can take care of myself!"

"We know." I replied. "But we care about you."

"Do we?" DarkAngel asked. I glared at her.

"I do! And I know that you care about him as well." I said.

DarkAngel sighed. "Yeah..."

"What's the plan?" Luigi asked.

"Okay, first, we need to disguise ourselves as doctors and gain Dr. Mario's trust." I said.

DarkAngel smiled. "Ooh, nice!"

"Then?" Luigi asked.

"Then we find Crystal and Mario, cure them, and stop Dr. Mario once and for all!" I replied.

"BY KILLING HIM!" DarkAngel yelled. Luigi jumped.

"Dark...we can't do that." I replied.

"Sadly," DarkAngel said miserably.

"You're scaring Luigi..." I said. DarkAngel looked at Luigi.

"Sorry," DarkAngel said, looking at the floor.

"That's okay..." Luigi said. Okay. Enough of this. We need to go...now.

"Are you two with me?" I asked.

"Y-Yeah..." both DarkAngel and Luigi said.

"I can't hear you!" I said. "I said, are you with me?!"

"We are!" both DarkAngel and Luigi yelled. I laughed and grabbed a picture of Crystal from my back pocket. I promise I will save you, don't you worry, my love. I thought. Don't worry...we're on our way.

"Alright!" I said. "Let's do this!"