Dr. Mario's Illness

Crystal's P.O.V

I sat at Dr. Mario's bedside, waiting for him to wake up. I felt bad for him. I never knew he was sick. No wonder you were messed up. I thought. You were in pain. If I would've known, I would've helped you sooner. Dr. Mario eyes flickered opened. He yawned and rubbed his eyes.

"Ugh...my f***ing head...what happened, and where am I?" Dr. Mario asked as he sat up. Wow. That was fast.

"You're at the hospital. The doctors fixed you up, you're cured now." I said, smiling. Dr. Mario started crying, he practically jumped into my arms. I hugged him and started tearing up myself.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to infect those people! " Dr. Mario cried. "I don't know what happened, but it happened few years ago, when I first was created-"

"Wait, you've been sick for a few years?! That is so unnatural! Do you remember what happened?" I asked.

"No, all I remember is meeting these twins, then I got tortured and experimented on!" Dr. Mario gasped. "T-That's why I did what I did!" I stroked Dr. Mario's hair. He started to breathe heavy.

"Shhhh! It's okay. Everything is gonna be alright." I assured him. "But what are you going to do about the infected people?" I asked. His breathing became normal again.

"I'll make a cure to cure them, but can you guys forgive me?" Dr. Mario asked. "It's okay if you don't, I deserve it."

"Yes, we now know it's not your fault..." I said, hugging Dr. Mario even harder.

"Thank you, Crystal." Dr. Mario said. I hugged him for a while longer, he started crying again. I gently rubbed his back. After fifteen minutes of comforting him, I let him go.

"You're welcome." I said. I ruffed his hair and went out the door. I waved goodbye to him, then I went back to the castle.

When I was home, I decided to check on Mario, I wanted to see if he was better. The poor guy has been sick for a whole week, he must have been in a lot of pain! When I entered the castle, I saw Mario sitting on the couch in the living room, watching TV.

"Hey Crystal!" Mario said, happily. "How is he?"

"He's good." I said. "He's gonna make a cure for all the infected people." Mario patted the cushion next to him. I sat down next to him. "How are you?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder.

"I'm fine. I feel better much now!" Mario said. He looked a whole lot better!

"All right! That's good to hear!" I said. Mario smiled at me. I was glad that he was okay, but have a goal now...my goal is to find the jerks that had done that horrific stuff to Dr. Mario and bring them in, because that's just cruel! Experimenting on an innocent person like that, the sickos!

"Crystal...are you okay?" Mario asked.

"Yeah! I'm okay." I replied. "I'm fine." Mario put his arm around me. I yawned. I was so dang happy that it was all over. I just hope that Dr. Mario will get some peace and quiet as well. I got off the couch.

"Goodnight Mario." I said.

"Goodnight Crystal." Mario said. I smiled at him. I walked up the stairs, went to my bedroom, lay down on my bed, and fell asleep.